Hik Connect App: remote configuration of cams not possible

fattdogg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have three IP cams. I try remote configuration in Hik Connect App for all cams. Only one cam gets configuration access.

I have three Hikvision IP cams connected with an old TP-Link router N600 (TD-W9980B) to its LAN ports. This router is connected by WAN port to LAN port of Netgear Range Extender EX3700. The range extender gets WiFi by Speedport W 925V modem router. This router is connected to internet.

Speedport router
  • does not support UPnP
  • port forwarding is set for UPnP ports of all cams connected to TP-Link router
TP-Link router
  • WAN mode: dynamic ip
  • own network with DHCP enabled
  • access to internet
  • does support UPnP
    • UPnP seems to open ports
IP Cams
  • enabled UPnP with manual port mapping
Hik Connect App
  • I have set ports in DDNS configuration (HTTP port 280 / server port 28000)

[Speedport router] WiFi -> WiFi [range extender Netgear] LAN port -> WAN port [router TP-Link router] LAN ports 1/2/3 -> see below

-> LAN port [IP cam] IP 192.168.1.101
-> LAN port [IP cam] IP 192.168.1.102
-> LAN port [IP cam] IP 192.168.1.103

Live streams work fine for all cams. DynDNS access by browser works fine.
For one cam with IP 192.168.1.101 I get remote configuration access by Hik Connect App. For IPs 192.168.1.102 and 192.168.1.103 I cannot get any access.
If I disable port forwarding on my Speedport router or if I disable UPnP on my TP-Link router I get no remote configuration access for all cams at all. So these two settings seem to be required.

I attached some screenshots.

Do you have any idea what's wrong?

Attachments

Last edited:

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have any idea what's wrong?
You are not using remote access the same as the mobile app wants to use remote access.
This does not use Upnp. This uses a subscribed session based connection. Where you subscribe the camera to the server, then your app gets the camera and assigns it to your account when you enter it serial number. No DDNS is ever needed.
The reason why you cant administer from your DDNS address is because its forbidden by default. But you don't want to change this either. You must use a computer that is on the same LAN segment (local network) or the camera in platform access via mobile app (only some support this).

so,
remove DDNS, and port forwarding.

delete all devices in hik-connect app

reset cameras.

Then after you set up your camera for networking, go to:
Configuration → Network → Advanced Settings → Platform Access

Enable platform access,
Then the status (if it shows it ) should automatically go online.
Then the QR code for the serial number should be on the platform access screen, use that to add the camera. write down the stream key for that camera or come up with one and change the key before you add the camera. Be sure to press the apply button if it has one after each step in this process.

This is outlined in the User's manual on their web site for the camera.

fattdogg

n3wb
Reaction score
All cams are already integrated by Hik-Connect Platform Access, s. screenshot

And why do I get remote configuration access in Hik Connect App for only one cam? All cams are configured identically except IPs and ports.

Attachments

fattdogg

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem was solved by me. I entered the wrong HTTP ports and server ports in my App DDNS configuration for cam 2 and cam 3. I accidentally swapped the ports. Now everything works fine as expected. :)

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Problem was solved by me. I entered the wrong HTTP ports and server ports in my App DDNS configuration for cam 2 and cam 3. I accidentally swapped the ports. Now everything works fine as expected. :)
Downsides to using DDNS its created a direct route from the outside, instead of the temporary one the software in the NVR establishes with the app server. Also, I think RTSP/DDNS doesn't encrypt camera data as well.