Hik DS-7608NI-E2/8p-4T

dmerlan87

n3wb
Reaction score
Question I’m installing 6 cameras 3 are 4mp bullet with audio and 3 are 2mp with audio does my nvr support audio will I be able to enable it? The f model for my nvr is DS-7608NI-E2/8p-4T any tips or suggestions I will appreciate it

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Hikvision E-Series NVR does support audio. After installing the camera, just go into the settings and make sure it is set to "Video and Audio". By default it is set to "Video". If you want to have audio in the playback then under the recording schedule, there is an "advanced" button on the top right. Check the box that says "record audio" for the camera. Do note that the E-Series only support a max of H264/H264+ which many of the newer cameras are going to be on H265 out of the box so you may need to manually log into the camera to drop it to H264.

One more thing, from what I remember the latest firmware on that unit is 3.4.96 so if you want to put the unit to the latest firmware available then that is it. Note that if you are still using HiDDNS then update to the newer firmwares will take off that option. 3.4.92 and up deleted that option so Hik-Connect was the only option left after upgrade unless you are doing remote access using a 3rd party DDNS or just using an IP address for access.

dmerlan87

n3wb
Reaction score
The Hikvision E-Series NVR does support audio. After installing the camera, just go into the settings and make sure it is set to "Video and Audio". By default it is set to "Video". If you want to have audio in the playback then under the recording schedule, there is an "advanced" button on the top right. Check the box that says "record audio" for the camera. Do note that the E-Series only support a max of H264/H264+ which many of the newer cameras are going to be on H265 out of the box so you may need to manually log into the camera to drop it to H264.

One more thing, from what I remember the latest firmware on that unit is 3.4.96 so if you want to put the unit to the latest firmware available then that is it. Note that if you are still using HiDDNS then update to the newer firmwares will take off that option. 3.4.92 and up deleted that option so Hik-Connect was the only option left after upgrade unless you are doing remote access using a 3rd party DDNS or just using an IP address for access.
Question can you hear the audio from the tv? I connect the not to a tv and couldn’t hear the audio

dmerlan87

n3wb
Reaction score
Question for can you hear the audio on the tv I connected a HDMI cable from the recorder to the tv and can’t hear any audio I can hear the audio from the app but from the tv don’t know if I have to do any changes for that to work thank you!