Hikvision 76 77 96 NI-I Firmware 4.21 update

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A new update for those with Hikvision 76 77 96 NI-I series NVR's

I saw this originally appear as a beta on the Hikvision RU download portal some time ago at 4.20 but dissappeared shortly after and has now reappeared as a final release at version 4.21.

I've updated my western region 7608NI-I/P NVR using the web interface and all appears to be working.

Lots of updates in this new version which are too numerous to list here so Ill just point you to the Hikvison Russian download portal for the release notes. For some reason I can't get to the RU ftp site at the moment. Maybe someone can attach a link to the version 4.21 release notes below.

If anyone can explain the purpose of some of the new features would be helpful.

The release notes talk extensively about the new feature called "smooth streaming" which is a new menu option that appears under the advanced network settings.

There is also a new tab on the main web interface ribbon bar at the top of the page titled "Application" which appears to be somehow related to event counting of some kind.

Download from here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/portal/Technical Materials/02 NVR/00 Product Firmware/04 I-series/[76 77 96 NI-I]/V4.21.000 build190423/NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.21.000_190423.zip

UPDATE: Here is the full release notes in PDF format for V4.21 firmware.

I noticed a few improvements in the short time testing. The update goes hand in hand with the latest release of IVMS 4200 v 3.1.

I've noticed that the NVR web interface now works on all versions of browser I've tried and allows the camera images to be streamed at full native resolution.

There is also a new icon on the NVR web interface which prompts to download what it calls "LocalServiceCompoenents.exe" (different to WebComponents plugin for IE). It seems to be providing some video decoding services to help handle multiple native streams.

For the first time in a long time I've been able to search for specific events in the IVM4200 playback interface. Not sure if this is a fix in the new NVR firmware or IVMS4200 but I'm happy that it now works.

Attachments

Last edited:

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A new version of NVR firmware has appeared on the RU ftp site at 4.21.005.

I thought it might be a bug fix release but it seems to have also included a new sub menu item under the configuration menu labeled "IOT Channel Settings".

I am assuming IOT is an abbreviation for "Internet of Things" but no idea how this functionality works.

The current release seems to have a bug whereby the motion event markers no longer show on the Playback timeline in the WEB interface only. This has been reported in other forums and no fix has been released as yet but if that isn't an issue in your particular application, there appears to be no reason not to upgrade.

Last edited:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you have the release notes for this version handy as I cannot see any link in the first post.
I'd like to upgrade by DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A to this, which it looks like it should cover, but wanted to be sure.

I found this as I would like to enable SNMP monitoring on it, but with my current version of Firmware (V3.4.90 build 161008) I do not have that option.

Is there any issues applying this to my NVR do you know?

**** Oops didn't see this is for the I and not the E series. Looks like I can goto V3.4.98 build171121 but doubt this will give be snmp. Oh well.. ****
Paul

Last edited: