Hikvision camera repair

Reaction score
So, I finally bought my first PTZ Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE but wanted to save some money & ordered it thru Alibaba. I got it all set up temporally & we had a huge down pour during that night. Camera got water inside my fault now it won't powerup.

I can't get it fixed thru Hikvision since it was not purchased thru an authorized dealer. I was hoping someone here knows of a company that will repair security cameras or would Hikvision due non-warranty repairs?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So, I finally bought my first PTZ Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE but wanted to save some money & ordered it thru Alibaba. I got it all set up temporally & we had a huge down pour during that night. Camera got water inside my fault now it won't powerup.

I can't get it fixed thru Hikvision since it was not purchased thru an authorized dealer. I was hoping someone here knows of a company that will repair security cameras or would Hikvision due non-warranty repairs?

Thanks!
The pigtail is very likely where to start with checking for water intrusion...have you inspected that yet? If damaged from water, you may just need to dry it out, clean it up (both the cam's female end and the male RJ-45 end from the CAT cable). then try it out. if no joy try another power source or POE port. If repaired and OK, be sure to re-assemble the pigtail connection with dielectric grease and self-sealing rubber tape, waterproof the box or place where that pigtail resides.

There are many forum members here from FL, maybe one will know of someone more local if the above is of no help.
What about it @Dasstrum , @bigredfish , @bababouy ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, I’m in Orlando area but no experience with PTZs or HiK, or taking them apart.

I would try and open it up and see if between a hair dryer dry environment if you can dry it out

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
This is why you buy through a dealer. If you purchased it through a Hik dealer, for probably the same price, you would have a 5 year warranty. Not to shit on your problem. I learned it the hard way too. If this was a Hik camera it would be an easy swap for a new one, which is worth the extra 50 or 100 bucks.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Buying from a authorized source wouldn’t help in this situation. The OP already said it was “his fault”.