HikVision can't connect to my nas

flraer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have read everything I have found and followed numerous guides but i can't get it to work.

I use a DS-2CD2142FWD-IWS with firmware version V5.5.0 build 170725. The nas I'm trying to use is a raspberry pi 3 with open media vault.

I have tried both SMB/CIFS and NFS. With SMB/CIFS i can connect to and read/write files with the computer. But when I try to add the nas to the camera I always get the same error.

In the images attached I'm trying with NFS.

The error i get from the camera when trying to "test" the nas is: "Installation of catalogue for nas server failed, catalogue not valid."

I get the same message with both SMB/CIFS and NFS. I have limited knowledge but does the message mean that the camera can't write in the folder? Have I put in the wrong file path?

See picture 1 for camera error message and what I put in there.
See picture 2 for OMV shared folder withe the folder I want the camera to use.
See picture 3 for OMV NFS sharing settings.

The ip for the raspberry pi is 192.168.1.206 and the camera has 192.168.1.64.

What am I missing, I'm going crazy.. Does anyone have an idea?

Edit: I'm currently using a 16 gb usb memory.

Attachments

Last edited:

Art K

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera's IP is 192.168.1.64, the client IP in the NFS config should 192.168.1.64/32 (or just leave off the /32 altogether) - /24 should work, but who knows if that confuses the NFS server. /24 means 192.168.1.xx can connect. When you specify /24, it should be 192.168.1.0/24 - that extra 64 might be a silent syntax error.

But yeah, that error message sounds like it can't write to the folder. Is there an option for "root" somewhere in the NFS settings? You might need that on - in "normal" NFS settings on other servers like Linux, it would look like this:

-root=192.168.1.64,rw=192.168.1.64

I have no idea how to do that with your NFS server ;)

flraer

n3wb
Reaction score
If the camera's IP is 192.168.1.64, the client IP in the NFS config should 192.168.1.64/32 (or just leave off the /32 altogether) - /24 should work, but who knows if that confuses the NFS server. /24 means 192.168.1.xx can connect. When you specify /24, it should be 192.168.1.0/24 - that extra 64 might be a silent syntax error.

But yeah, that error message sounds like it can't write to the folder. Is there an option for "root" somewhere in the NFS settings? You might need that on - in "normal" NFS settings on other servers like Linux, it would look like this:

-root=192.168.1.64,rw=192.168.1.64

I have no idea how to do that with your NFS server ;)
My bet would be on this ^^
Thank you for your answers!

I tried with 192.168.1.0/24 as the NFS client ip but I had no success, still get the same error from the camera. I also doubelchecked the read/write permissions for the folder, it is set so everyone can read/write and execute. In theory this should be correct and work, right?

Is the name for the file path correct? Should it be the complete /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Nas/Inspelningar or just /Inspelningar? I have seen many different variations and I'm a bit confused. And since it doesen't work with the SMB/CIFS maybe this is the problem?

Art K

n3wb
Reaction score
According to what I see in your pics, it should just be /Inspelningar - but it can't hurt to try the entire path.

That Open Media Vauilt should be Linux, and can you get to a command prompt? If so, type this command:

showmount -e localhost

You should see a list of filesystems that are "exported". Verify that first, the one you want is in the list, and second that it's the correct path.

flraer

n3wb
Reaction score
According to what I see in your pics, it should just be /Inspelningar - but it can't hurt to try the entire path.

That Open Media Vauilt should be Linux, and can you get to a command prompt? If so, type this command:

showmount -e localhost

You should see a list of filesystems that are "exported". Verify that first, the one you want is in the list, and second that it's the correct path.
Ahhahahaha! Finally! Thank you so much!!!!

I did the showmount -e localhost-command and got "export/Inspelningar". I put "/export/Inspelningar" in the file path box in the camera and it works!

Hopefully this can be helpful for someone else too :)

This was my first time dealing with Linux/network stuff, I even installed putty, haha. It is fun to learn something new. Now I will try to get SMB/CIFS to work :)

maverick84

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I'm sorry for my bad english but I have to resume this thread because I have the same issue.
I installed omv 5 on raspberry 4 and I configured smb and nfs services but it doesn't work.

In attached some pictures.

the translation is "Unable to mount disk to NAS server; insufficient permissions or incorrect username or password"

thank you

Attachments

Art K

n3wb
Reaction score
Try adding no_root_squash to the options. I found this, where it says to do an all_squash, but try no_root_squash first. About NFS (Network File System) - openmediavault

Hikvision firmware runs as "root" - root is usually denied write permissions on NFS unless it is told to allow it.

What version of NFS is the NAS providing?
From what I recall, it needs to be V2/V3 but I'm not sure which.
My current HIKvision cameras, DS-2CD2085FWD-I, are NFS v3 over TCP (not UDP) and a horrible 4K NFS buffer size (rsize and wsize). They are a little old, so I'm not sure if the newer cameras are v4 or not. If the NAS is a recent product and Linux based, it should be able to do both 3 and 4. It might not do it straight out of the box, though.

maverick84

n3wb
Reaction score
Try adding no_root_squash to the options. I found this, where it says to do an all_squash, but try no_root_squash first. About NFS (Network File System) - openmediavault

Hikvision firmware runs as "root" - root is usually denied write permissions on NFS unless it is told to allow it.

My current HIKvision cameras, DS-2CD2085FWD-I, are NFS v3 over TCP (not UDP) and a horrible 4K NFS buffer size (rsize and wsize). They are a little old, so I'm not sure if the newer cameras are v4 or not. If the NAS is a recent product and Linux based, it should be able to do both 3 and 4. It might not do it straight out of the box, though.
Finally! Thank you so much, it works fine.

I try also to configure smb/cifs but I get the error "Unable to mount disk to NAS server, folder is invalid". The ipcam is DS-2CD2042WD-I

With a raspi2 / omv3 smb/cifs it works fine.
With windows 10 and omv5 the file's share works fine.

The raspi4 with omv5 doesn't work, the configuration is the same.

I attached pictures about omv5 (user config) and hikvision web.

thank you

Attachments

Stu Art

n3wb
Reaction score

It has taken me two days to get here - thank you!!!
Adding no_root_squash has worked.

However, having reinstalled OMV, it appears now to be OMV6. I can tell a user to only have 200GB quota of my 500GB USB HDD but as other have reported, OMV says the disk is 500GB, which Hikvision does not like.
I am thinking, as no login is required with NFS from the camera webpage, I need a way to to get OMV to partition or limit the share size.

The connection test from the camera works. The disk is greyed out for formatting, etc. under HDD Management

Any ideas??
Thanks again.

danny_com

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have some similar issues with OMV in a Raspberry Pi working as a NAS for my camera. Based on this tread, I was able to configure correctly the SMB/CIFS and the camera HDD so now I can see the shared folder in the management, but I cannot "formatted". I think there should be an issue with permission, but not sure where, as in OMV I configure all the permission for user R/W of the folder, folder permission for everyone to be able to R/W. Is there anyone who could set the camera to work with a NAS implemented with OMV on a Raspberry Pi?

Thanks

maverick84

n3wb
Reaction score
hi...did you try to reset the ipcam? I had same trouble about omv 6 and I solved with reset and nfs