Hikvision DS-2CD2135F-IS -- Identical Cams, different resolution/quality

okJeff

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've purchased 3 Hikvision cameras (DS-2CD2135F-IS).

I am currently plugging them into a POE switch.

For some reason, the video and resolution settings are set to the same (1920x1080) in the web interface...

but from iSpy (http://screencast.com/t/OrwXTlUr), the left camera is still 4:3 compare to the right 16:9.
I'm not sure if it's camera settings that I'm missing or if it's iSpy, but I've check both, and nothing is different than the one on the right.

Also, the video quality on the left is alot lower than the one on the right, but they are exactly the same camera + same settings.....

Could it be the distance of the camera from the switch? The one on the left is about double the distance of the one on the right, but both of them are wired with cat6 cable!

Anyone experienced this?
Thanks

Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
in BI's "camera properties/video/configure..." screen,
selecting anything other than '1' from the 'Video /camera' menu
will pull a sub-stream instead of the main (hi-rez) stream.

This happens a lot. People think "oh, this is my second camera, so I'll set that to 2".
The help file is rather vague about it, saying only "The Camera number selection becomes important
when you are configuring a device with multiple inputs, such as a DVR or a video encoder,"
instead of something like "Selects the main stream or available substream as needed"...

okJeff

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the input! Really appreciate it.

Just in case someone gets this problem in the future, there are the solutions:

I first fixed it by a total different solution from your direction. I fixed it by changing the the "Source" from (which that was provided by the setup wizard):
rtsp://admin: password@192.168.1.11/Streaming/Channels/2
to:
rtsp://admin: password@192.168.1.11/video.h264
Later after reading your solutions above, I figured that "2" in the first URL might be referring to the "sub-stream"... and I changed to "1" and it worked!

However, any of you know the differences between using the two URLs?
rtsp://admin: password@192.168.1.11/Streaming/Channels/1
rtsp://admin: password@192.168.1.11/video.h264

Thank you guys!