Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I motion detection problem

john747

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 Hikvision DS-2CD2332-I cameras. They have worked well for about a year. I use them with a Synology 413j NAS. I use them with the Synology Surveillance Station. The sylnology does the recording but the cameras do the motion detection. In the last few months I noticed the cameras are recording almost 24/7. Checking the camera's firware v5.2, I examined the detection areas in the configuration/motion detection tab.
On this tab there is a normal and expert option. I use the expert option and leave the normal option with no areas selected. Recently under the normal option I am finding the entire screen area selected with 100% sensitivity, by itself! I have tried to clear the selection and save the changes, I tried to leave all selected but reduce the sensitivity to 0 and I have tried to make a small area active but after a day or two I find the entire screen selected and sensitivity back to 100% and this happens on all three cameras. Anyone have any idea what going on?:sad: I only have three cameras on the Synology but its CPU can't handle doing the motion detection so I leave it up to the cameras.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hopefully you saved the settings of the camera. Then I will just reset it and load your saved settings. Otherwise it sounds like a good idea to reset it anyway and start to set it up from scratch I think. I know it is not ideal but it's prob the quickest way

Sent from my One Plus X using tapatalk

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also try another browser. I find that some browsers versions are in-compatible.

john747

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys... I'll try IE rather than FF first then if that doesn't work I'll do the reset. I'll post my results in a few days.

john747

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I used IE and cleared all the selected area under the normal option and save the changes. This time it stuck and the whole screen is still unselected. Only problem is now its not recording anything even though I have 2 or more areas selected under the expert option. I guess its time to try a reset.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision engineers like to use 360 web browsers .It won't load redundant plug-in, and there are two modes, speed and compatibility.
http://se.360.cn/

john747

n3wb
Reaction score
This time I went to the system-maintenance tab under advanced configuration and did a restore. I then imported the config file I recently made (after having problems) and still have the same issue. The cameras firmware doesn't seem to want to use the expert settings under motion detection and wants to select the entire screen under the normal option. I may have to try a full reset to default setting and then manually go in and re-setup the camera. For now I may just leave it as is and let it record 24/7. Strange how this happened to all three of my cameras about the same time.