HIkvision DS-7716N-E4/16P - Bricked after update

farm

n3wb
Reaction score
JohhnyBoy thank you for your post. I found myself in the same situation as you did. Unfortunately I am color blind and am not able to make any sense of the digagram that you posted. Is there any way that you could give me a layout of where the pins onboard should go to the pins on the DB9 connecter.

If there is anyone else that could do that for me I would appreciate it as well.

I have bricked bricked my DS7716 NVR getting this RS232 port up and working as it should would be a great start in the correct direction. Currently the way this thing is wired up I can not make any headway.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there any way that you could give me a layout of where the pins onboard should go to the pins on the DB9 connecter.
You don't need to change any of the internal wiring to the DB9 connector.
You need an RS232 interface (USB to RS232 are readily available on eBay) and a null modem cable to connect it to the DB9 connector on the back of the NVR.
A null modem cable swaps over the signals so that Tx goes to Rx etc instead of Tx to Tx etc which you get if you were to plug the interface in directly.

When you've got that working, check this out : How to - Fix your 15-beep-bootloop Hikvision DS-76xxN-Ex NVR, or convert to EN and make it updatable

Pascon

n3wb
Reaction score
Please , I have the same issues described here in this forum. Could someone help me to find the "hacked firmware in EN" for this NVR DS-7732N-E4?
Thanks