Hikvision DVR - Remote playback with speed adjustment

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a Hikvision DVR and have HikConnect app installed on my Android phone and it works fine. The only drawback is that i am not able to adjust the playback speed. That button is greyed out. I have been trying to explore other options to be able to do it. One way was to install Hikvision client software on PC and try to access the DVR from there. I tried to do the port forwards in the router but seems the ISP is blocking all the ports. So it didn't work. I read few articles on various websites but wasn't able to fully understand it. Pardon me if it is too basic a question to ask but is there a way to achieve what i want to do ? Basic requirement is to be able to do remote playback and also adjust the playback speed.

Thank you.

Dakotatech

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed this works on my iPhone but not on an iPad. Not sure why. The iVMS-4500 app has a clear or fluent option that works. Clear appears to be like HD. Still experimenting.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to port forward 8000 then in the Hik-connect app in the device settings enter the NVR login credentials.

That's the way I managed to get fast forward working so it's basically like Hik-connect is being used as a ddns service. Makes the app much more responsive as well.