Hikvision NVR and Hikvision ip camera not connect directly thru PoE interface

tjb

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7732NXI-I4/16P/4S and I have some PoE cameras connected directly to the NVR and others cameras that are not connected directly, powered by an external unmanaged PoE switch. I see that the cameras directly connected to the NVR are automatically put on a subnet like 192.168.254.xxx, and this is great because in this way these cameras can't be automatically reached by the normal LAN (192.168.1.xxx). I would like to put the other group of cameras (that one powered by the external switch) on the same subnet of the first group, but when I tried to do this the NVR wasn't able to reach these cameras (it says network anomaly). The adress of the NVR is 192.168.1.200 so it's not on the .254 subnet of the cameras connected directly. I don't know if I explained it correctly but maybe some of you have can understand this and have a solution that may help me.
I actually look up in the forum to see if someone had the same problem but i found only the reverse problem (putting poe directly connected cameras on the normal lan and not on the subnet automatically created by the NVR).
Thank you in advance!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You can only put cameras on the same subnet as those on the NVR PoE ports if they are individually connected to the NVR PoE ports.
As they are on their own PoE switch you need to give them LAN IP addresses and have the switch on the LAN.

tjb

n3wb
Reaction score
You can only put cameras on the same subnet as those on the NVR PoE ports if they are individually connected to the NVR PoE ports.
As they are on their own PoE switch you need to give them LAN IP addresses and have the switch on the LAN.
I was hoping that there was a solution.... maybe in the future, who knows! Thank you anyway for your time @alastairstevenson

tjb

n3wb
Reaction score
Isn't the solution just to have the cameras on the LAN, and have the NVR reference them there?
I must admit I don't quite follow what you are trying to achieve.
Sorry, I see this only now. The thing that i was trying to achieve was to have only the NVR on the "classical" VLAN, and all the camera on another VLAN that nobody can see, except the NVR. I was trying to do this because this system will be working in a restaurant and so I was interested into creating a subnet that nobody can see normally, but I guess that it's easier to put all the guest connected to my wifi into a subnet different from the one used with the NVR and some of the cameras. Sorry for the big confusion....