Hikvision NVR HDMI issue

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wonder if any of you Gurus out there could help me.

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P.

After a little help from forum members a few months ago I had it up & running perfectly.

All of a sudden the HDMI output has stopped working. I have eliminated any problem with the monitor and any associated cabling.

Video output from the VGA is still working and the system operates as advertised - all except for the HDMI output.

Is this a fault that can be rectified, or is it something that is now a permanent feature of the NVR?

...obviously the warranty ran out 2 months ago. :0/

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Thanks,

Rob

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What type of signal does the monitor indicate from the HDMI source?
And does the VGA output show an expected resolution in the monitor?
And a dumb question - have you rebooted the NVR?
It sounds like there may be a hardware failure.
However - it may be worth checking / changing the 'VGA/HDMI resolution' settings under the 'Menu Output' tab in 'System Settings' to see if it changes anything.

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Alistair.

Thanks for replying.

The monitor just indicates 'no signal' from the HDMI source. The resolution from the VGA output is perfectly acceptable.

I have rebooted the NVR a few times, and changed the resolution settings, but to no avail.

I'm guessing a hardware failure like this is something that is uneconomical to try to have repaired?

It's a shame because the NVR works fine otherwise, it's just in need the HDMI output rather than VGA.

Regards,

Rob

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Glad I could help

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
I get nothing but good advice from this forum.

Thanks guys!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Oooh, didn't think of that!

Might save me replacing the NVR.

Good bit of out of the box thinking!

Thanks
if your monitor currently has a vga input then there is no benefit to using a converter...

Robster

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman.

I called it a monitor, but it's actually a TV.

It has an HDMI input but no VGA, hence the requirement for the working HDMI output from the NVR (or a converter)

Cheers,

Rob

TerryLV

n3wb
Reaction score
I screwed up my HDMI output by messing with the resolution. I inadvertently set the output higher than my monitor could take and so no signal was seen by the monitor. Make sure your monitor can take what the output is set to.

Reaction score
Hi Alistair.

Thanks for replying.

The monitor just indicates 'no signal' from the HDMI source. The resolution from the VGA output is perfectly acceptable.

I have rebooted the NVR a few times, and changed the resolution settings, but to no avail.

I'm guessing a hardware failure like this is something that is uneconomical to try to have repaired?

It's a shame because the NVR works fine otherwise, it's just in need the HDMI output rather than VGA.

Regards,

Rob
what brand?

scotth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i have a strange issue with our setup, at present we have a hikvison nvr 8 port, with 7 cameras all working output goes to a small computer monitor via vga and also a 40" lg tv via hdmi. Issue we have now is the club purchased a lg 75" 4k tv and when connecting the hdmi it says no signal, check cable or power. Ive changed the hdmi resolutions on the nvr from the default 1280-760 upto the 4k setting and the setting for 1080 but nothing the TV just keeps saying the message. Ive rebooted tv's / nvrs in every possible order, Ive tried different hdmi ports on tv and have plugged the cable back into the old 40" lg tv and it works? the cable is about 8m in length so it should still be in the max distance of an hdmi signal. Anyone got any ideas.

NVR Model = DS-7608NI-K2/8P HIK 8CH 4K NVR Entry level 8xPoE

Reaction score
Hi,i have two monitor one is connected through vga and another with hdmi,,till last month hdmi connected monitor was working but now its not working ...i tried through every settings ,resloution and tried vga to hdmi convertor also but its showing no signal only. can any one help me to solve this issue

Stuart2075

n3wb
Reaction score
I screwed up my HDMI output by messing with the resolution. I inadvertently set the output higher than my monitor could take and so no signal was seen by the monitor. Make sure your monitor can take what the output is set to.
I seem to have done the self same thing. For no apparent reason, when the system was working fine, I changed the resolution to 4k and wham, 'INVALID FORMAT' now dances around my LG TV which I was using, quite successfully, to use as a monitor via HDMI cable. I'm now unable to access the NVR menu via this route to reverse or reset. Could anyone please help me out with how I might resolve.
Many thanks in anticipation.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I seem to have done the self same thing. For no apparent reason, when the system was working fine, I changed the resolution to 4k and wham, 'INVALID FORMAT' now dances around my LG TV which I was using, quite successfully, to use as a monitor via HDMI cable. I'm now unable to access the NVR menu via this route to reverse or reset. Could anyone please help me out with how I might resolve.
Many thanks in anticipation.
Many have been there/done that LOL.

You now need to log in to the NVR via a computer and web browser.

Open a browser and type in the IP address of the NVR. You may need to add :port for whatever port number it is

Stuart2075

n3wb
Reaction score
Many have been there/done that LOL.

You now need to log in to the NVR via a computer and web browser.

Open a browser and type in the IP address of the NVR. You may need to add :port for whatever port number it is
Many thanks wittaj, no idea you could access it this way. Problem is I've changed it back to 1080 and am still getting the dancing 'invalid formation the tv/monitor. Strangely I know when I made the fateful change it was a single operation whereas changing back was to each individual camera ....... or did I initially change the nvr's settings rather than camera ....... accessing the nvr via ip address I can't find the same drop down menus in the configuration tabs ........ I know, I'll leave well alone in future....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Logging in via browser will give you access to way more than you will see via HDMI and a monitor.

Look around for another option as it relates to HDMI.

If you can't find it and think that you have changed the only place where you can select a different resolution, then do a reboot of the NVR and see if that takes effect.

Stuart2075

n3wb
Reaction score
Logging in via browser will give you access to way more than you will see via HDMI and a monitor.

Look around for another option as it relates to HDMI.

If you can't find it and think that you have changed the only place where you can select a different resolution, then do a reboot of the NVR and see if that takes effect.
Many thanks again, probably not be able to get to this for a few hours now but was thinking, if all else fails to do a factory reset?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah a factory reset should do it, but you hate to lose all your settings.

Hopefully you can find a screen that shows HDMI output or something of that nature that will allow you to change it. I know Dahua has that option, so I don't see why Hikvision wouldn't either. But maybe a reboot will start it back up in the lower resolution.