Hikvision wavy video

Sazwon

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a cisco 2960x switch that has nothing but cameras on it all same model minispeed dome cameras. IP POE most of the cameras work fine but 3 of them have a non stable wavy picture. All the cabling lengths are less than 200ft. has anyone else had ip poe cameras with wavy video? and if so what did you do to correct?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a cisco 2960x switch that has nothing but cameras on it all same model minispeed dome cameras. IP POE most of the cameras work fine but 3 of them have a non stable wavy picture. All the cabling lengths are less than 200ft. has anyone else had ip poe cameras with wavy video? and if so what did you do to correct?
post an image. The video is digital and waves will not be caused by the cabling.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only thing that has caused this sort of issue for me was using a certain type of LED floodlight. Almost like the frequency of the LEDs was out of sync with the camera picture...a different LED light was fine...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree. Either the mount is moving/vibrating or you're experiencing an earthquake.

Sazwon

n3wb
Reaction score
there are several cameras mounted on the same structure, but those are not experiencing the same condition. i do have one mounted on a concrete pillar rock solid that is experiencing the same. I sent the video to hikvision but they didn't have any thoughts other than what everyone else is saying, vibration

Sazwon

n3wb
Reaction score
the issue is survivable we can deal with it, still see what needs seeing... just was curious if anyone else had seen the same

Spirch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
a month later, get a ladder go up and put your hand next to the camera, do you feel something? having camera on the same building doesnt mean that specific part / section isnt vibrating

Sazwon

n3wb
Reaction score
all the cameras exhibiting this behavior are the same type mini speed dome hikvision camera, i'm going to put an axis in place and see if i get the same result. As far as vibration, by the one i posted the video of, i don't feel any vibration or see anything in proximity i would think may cause interference

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is camera model number ?
what are the settings for the cameras ?
frame rate
Iframe value
Bit rate
Biterate type (VBR,CBR)
shutter speed

A screen shot of the camera configuration screens from the camera