HikVision WiFi woes (solved)

cabwav

n3wb
Reaction score
I am unable to access a HikVision DS-2CD2543G2-IWS camera (fw V5.7.11 build 221009) with either SADP or iVMS-4200 in wireless mode. SADP (v3.1.2.2) recognises the camera when it is connected with a LAN cable to the network, but not in WiFi mode. The same goes for iVMS-4200. I can access the camera using a web browser on it's WiFi network address. I don't know if this is related, but when I use SADP on laptop, it does not recognise any camera, but when I connect the laptop with a LAN cable, all (non-WiFi) cameras are recognised. The WiFi network is mixed 2.4GHz b/g/n and 5GHz 802.11a/n/ac.
I hope someone can help me to figure out what is wrong here.

EDIT: I discovered that when the laptop is connected wireless, the laptop installed SADP version detects the WiFi camera but not the wired cameras, but when I connect the laptop with a LAN cable, it recognises only the wired connected cameras. So what is wrong here? Why are the wired cameras and the WiFi connected cameras treated as being in two separate segments (wired/WiFi) despite being connected to the same local network?

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if this is applicable here.... :idk:

cabwav

n3wb
Reaction score
Not sure if this is applicable here.... :idk:
Thank you for your reply. I already read this somewhere on this forum but as I understand it, this was another problem (the 'D' notification?). I bought all camera's (3 wired, 1 wireless) recently from an official dealer at the same time. Why would HikVision still offer wireless camera's when they don't support them anymore?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
EDIT: I discovered that when the laptop is connected wireless, the laptop installed SADP version detects the WiFi camera but not the wired cameras, but when I connect the laptop with a LAN cable, it recognises only the wired connected cameras. So what is wrong here? Why are the wired cameras and the WiFi connected cameras treated as being in two separate segments (wired/WiFi) despite being connected to the same local network?

SADP restart is needed everytime you change NIC, SADP initialize on startup

cabwav

n3wb
Reaction score
I rebooted both the PC and laptop after changing NIC several times, but to no avail. I then de-installed SADP and re-installed, and rebooted the systems with the same result: wired connected cameras are visible in SADP on a wired connected PC/laptop, but not the wireless connected camera; wireless connected camera is visible on a wireless connected laptop, but not the wired connected cameras. However, all cameras including the wireless connected camera are accessible on both the PC and laptop through a web browser (Edge) so my conclusion would be that they are definitely connected to the same network, and all cameras should be visible in SADP/iVMS-4200.

Last edited:

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Then it has to be something how your laptop or network is configured, because sadp discovery works on broadcast. And if broadcast is not across both NIC's it wont work

SADP Tools sends UDP broadcast at ("239.255.255.250"), 37020));

Something like "Hello guys where you at":

Cameras that see the same broadcast reply with:

Hey im here and this is my Info.

So if broadcast is not configured to work over both NIC's it will happen the way you described.

cabwav

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. It turned out that UPnP was enabled in the router, and after disabling this setting and rebooting the router, all cameras showed up in SADP, both on the wired and wireless connected PC/laptop.