Home cameras - no cameras on the house

Ed Boyer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thinking about installing some cameras on 4x4 post on the woods edge around my house also. They will be mounted about 8 ft high should I use turret or bullet style cameras. Do the same principles apply to mounting on a post as a house.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I mounted a couple on a light pole I installed for LPR. pole mounting works really well and I’m tempted to add another to look back at the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really does hide the cams, where did you get the light pole?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Really does hide the cams, where did you get the light pole?
Menards: Patriot Lighting Savannah 89" Black Post Light at Menards
My only complaint is the post/neck is really narrow at the top. I was able to get the wiring through it but it’s a bear to take the head on/off if needed.

The turret wasn’t enough zoom to capture plates so I replaced it with two of the 12x zoom ones.. can’t recall the model off the top of my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Keen to hear what other people think of the camera plan. [ I am a newb and still learning ]

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In for the install. Take lots of pics! I like the idea

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lovely house their my friend... In the UK that would cost £1,000,000 I bet it cost you a lot less :) When I first glanced at it I thought all three where yours ;)

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
@cyberwolf_uk Thank you for the compliment. It was the ugliest house on the block and the couple that lived there went through a 4 or 5 year divorce so it needed some work. Their two boys also did some damage on the place. I have been busy with work, but I am still putting this together. I have poles and enough equipment to get my guys started on everything.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can't beat purchasing a house from a couple falling out... can knock a lot of the final purchase price! I got 20k off my last purchase as the couple just wanted out and I could complete a quick sale! Happy Days

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, I think we beat them down about 50k off the bat, then another 17k after the inspection. The husband took the house in the divorce, but the wife was still living there, so he just wanted to move on.