How do I wirelessly connect my Enster EST-W7020C wireless camera?

Reaction score
Hello,

I am attempting to install my wireless camera, so that I can view it from my PC. I am able to use the supplied ethernet cable and attach it from the camera directly to my router & view images using ContaCam software ( works with IPSY, as well ). The camera did not come with a setup CD.

My operating system is Windows 10...using a D-Link router / modem combination. My question is: what do I need to do in able to view my wireless camera ( will be placing it in my garage ) without the ethernet cable being connected to the router?

Could you please supply a step by step process on how this can be accomplished? All information that you can supply is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
not sure, but I think this camera works with the CAMHI app. If that is the case, the following site includes online software PC download (manuals and videos as well). Check if that is your case.

Reaction score
not sure, but I think this camera works with the CAMHI app. If that is the case, the following site includes online software PC download (manuals and videos as well). Check if that is your case.

It appears as though that site is located in China...of course, that is where the camera is manufactured. Do you know if the downloads on that site are for Win10 OS & are the files downloaded in English?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Their own site does not list any support of FAQ's. You might try this:

1) Unplug power from camera, plug camera's Ethernet back into router, plug power back into camera, wait 60 seconds, open Internet Explorer, try to open the cam's built-in webGUI by putting in the camera's IP address and hit <enter>, install plug-in if asked.
2) In the cam's webGUI, somewhere in network setting you must "enable" wireless, have it look (survey) for your Wi-Fi and save that, put in security code to your Wi-Fi when asked and save it.
Note if the IP address for wireless is different from the Ethernet IP address (some Dahua and/or Amcrest cam's are).
3) Wait 30 seconds.
4) Unplug power to camera, unplug Ethernet cable, power camera back up, should be on wireless in about 60 seconds.
5) Put in the correct IP address in your browser and see if the webGUI comes up again, this time using wireless.
6) If working, log into camera and make that IP static (not DHCP) and save. Write that IP down.

Reaction score

1) Unplug power from camera, plug camera's Ethernet back into router, plug power back into camera, wait 60 seconds, open Internet Explorer, try to open the cam's built-in webGUI by putting in the camera's IP address and hit <enter>, install plug-in if asked.
2) In the cam's webGUI, somewhere in network setting you must "enable" wireless, have it look (survey) for your Wi-Fi and save that, put in security code to your Wi-Fi when asked and save it.
Note if the IP address for wireless is different from the Ethernet IP address (some Dahua and/or Amcrest cam's are).
3) Wait 30 seconds.
4) Unplug power to camera, unplug Ethernet cable, power camera back up, should be on wireless in about 60 seconds.
5) Put in the correct IP address in your browser and see if the webGUI comes up again, this time using wireless.
6) If working, log into camera and make that IP static (not DHCP) and save. Write that IP down.
Hello...thanks for replying. Where do I locate the IP address of the camera? This camera was given to me ( used ) and it's my first attempt with setting up an IP camera?
Is there a default IP address that is assigned to all Enster IP cams? I can connect the camera by connecting it directly to my router & can see that it is functioning properly by viewing its images by way of ISPY software. There is no CD software to install. If I go into my router settings, I can see the camera's MAC address.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:wtf:
Hello...thanks for replying. Where do I locate the IP address of the camera? This camera was given to me ( used ) and it's my first attempt with setting up an IP camera?
Is there a default IP address that is assigned to all Enster IP cams? I can connect the camera by connecting it directly to my router & can see that it is functioning properly by viewing its images by way of ISPY software. There is no CD software to install. If I go into my router settings, I can see the camera's MAC address.
If you're viewing camera with iSpy, then you should be able to see its IP in your router, likely in the DHCP leases.

If not, install the free Fing on your smartphone, get the phone onto the same wireless LAN that is connected to your wired LAN, launch Fing and perform a scan.
It should find the cam, and then you should be able to identify all devices on your LAN.
When it finds your cam, under "manage this device" select "find open ports".
When it finds the "HTTP" port (usually 80) , in your browser you just type in the IP it found, a colon and the HTTP port it found; if the port is 80 you can leave it off, if any other number then include it like this:

Code:
http://192.168.1.17:88
BTW, how the heck are you able to view it wired with iSpy and ContaCam if you don't know the cam's IP? What about the login username & password? :wtf:

Last edited:

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes, it works with Win10, just select English Language while installing. If this camera works with CAMHI, after open the PC Client (both camera and PC connected to same network), select "Device Management", then press the "Green + Sign" button, which will automatically add the camera to the software client. The default password of the software is admin, with no password. You may also use the CamHi App for searching and viewing purposes (in my case, I'm using ios). Just press the "Add Camera" icon on top, and select "Search camera from LAN". If your camera runs under CAMHI, it will auto populate. Good Luck!

Reaction score
yes, it works with Win10, just select English Language while installing. If this camera works with CAMHI, after open the PC Client (both camera and PC connected to same network), select "Device Management", then press the "Green + Sign" button, which will automatically add the camera to the software client. The default password of the software is admin, with no password. You may also use the CamHi App for searching and viewing purposes (in my case, I'm using ios). Just press the "Add Camera" icon on top, and select "Search camera from LAN". If your camera runs under CAMHI, it will auto populate. Good Luck!
Thanks for your reply. You're saying to download CAMHI and follow your instructions. If this is successful, then I can view this IP camera wirelessly...is that correct?

I appreciate your help.

Reaction score
:wtf:
If you're viewing camera with iSpy, then you should be able to see its IP in your router, likely in the DHCP leases.

If not, install the free Fing on your smartphone, get the phone onto the same wireless LAN that is connected to your wired LAN, launch Fing and perform a scan.
It should find the cam, and then you should be able to identify all devices on your LAN.
When it finds your cam, under "manage this device" select "find open ports".
When it finds the "HTTP" port (usually 80) , in your browser you just type in the IP it found, a colon and the HTTP port it found; if the port is 80 you can leave it off, if any other number then include it like this:

Code:
http://192.168.1.17:88
BTW, how the heck are you able to view it wired with iSpy and ContaCam if you don't know the cam's IP? What about the login username & password? :wtf:
Yes, I can see the IP address that the camera is using via my D-Link router. I am trying to view the wireless camera ( using a Win10 PC...not an IPHONE ), but I'm trying to learn how to view it wirelessly on my PC. Do I need to set up a static IP address or port forward? Yes, I can see the video by using Ispy or ContaCam, but that's when the camera is hard wired to the router.

Thanks for your help...greatly appreciated!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Be
Yes, I can see the IP address that the camera is using via my D-Link router. I am trying to view the wireless camera ( using a Win10 PC...not an IPHONE ), but I'm trying to learn how to view it wirelessly on my PC. Do I need to set up a static IP address or port forward? Yes, I can see the video by using Ispy or ContaCam, but that's when the camera is hard wired to the router.

Thanks for your help...greatly appreciated!
Then my instructions in post #4 are applicable.

On another note: please be advised that apps such as CAMHI wherein you either scan a QR code or put in a UID number use P2P and most likely, a foreign server.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. You're saying to download CAMHI and follow your instructions. If this is successful, then I can view this IP camera wirelessly...is that correct?

I appreciate your help.
Yes, the software or Client is actually how you manage your wireless or wired camera, locally (network) or external (Web-P2P). We are not still sure if your camera works with CAMHI. As TonyR mentioned, if your camera only works with an unique ID (UID), security issues should be considered. But also, for local viewing/record, this type of cameras (not sure if yours) allows for AP Mode (Access Point) wireless installation, in which you do not need Internet to access the camera.

Reaction score

3) Wait 30 seconds.
Thank you for your assistance...it is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to connect this camera ( wirelessly ) using Windows 10, so that I can view it via my web browser ( if that can be accomplished ).

I've read and followed your instructions and here's the snag that has occurred. I entered the IP address ( for the IP camera ) that is revealed in my D-Link router local network overview.

I used that IP address ( using IE ) and it opened the UI for the camera. The monitor tab shows that the camera is working ( camera connected to router with ethernet cable and plugged into outlet )...video is being shown. Now, I enter my SSID, security mode, WPA algorithm and pre-shared key ( passphrase ) information and click on 'check wireless setup'. After waiting 10 seconds...the message returned is 'WIFI FAILED'.

Any thoughts on if I might be doing something incorrectly? I've no idea on why it continues returning the message 'WIFI FAILED'.

Thanks greatly for any further assistance...my apologies for not replying sooner.