How to Clear Basic Event Preset Values

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with the Event Scheduler trying to enhance night time performance on a couple of cameras. How are these settings cleared for a fresh start?

I've been digging around and searching for awhile on this and coming up empty. I finally resorted to just deleting the camera and re-installing it as the solution. I'm guessing that's not the intended method. I know the settings can be disabled in the main PTZ tab of the BI camera config, but they're still there when/if PTZ control is enabled again. What am I overlooking?

Any help greatly appreciated as usual.

Event Control Value.jpg

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In case anyone may be interested, here's one way to do it. Sure seems like there would be a simple way to effectively do the same thing directly from the associated menu or menus. It's ridiculous to not have a way to clear these settings. Credit to MikeBwca on another forum for his effort nonetheless.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's how to reset a cameras Brightness & Contrast back to unspecified.
I've tested this, and it works.

1. Export your Camera settings. Just-in-case.
2. Shutdown BI. This will not work if BI and/or BI Server is running.
3. Copy the lines below to a file 'Reset Camera Brightness and Contrast.reg', or whatever makes sense to you. Maybe one for Brightness, and another for Contrast. Change the name 'MyCamera' to the name of your particular camera.
4. If you don't want to reset the Contrast, remove the line.
5. Double click the .reg file. It will delete the Brightness/Contrast registry entry for the camera specified.
6. Start BI.

Here are the lines to copy: Change 'MyCamera' to your camera.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris\Cameras\MyCamera\PTZ]
"iPTZcontrast"=-
"iPTZbrightness"=-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The same method presumably works for the various other settings that also can't be cleared otherwise.

A "Clear Settings" button would evidently make too much sense. LOL