How to Replace Analog system into IP system easily

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
These days, many guys asking to upgrade their analog system into IP system, big headache to change the cables. Here are some solutions.

Just need 3 parts can sort out easily.

LR1002, this one only work with dahua ePOE cameras

These two can work with standard poe cameras.
LR1002-1ET
LR1002-1EC

The first option allows a standard PoE ONVIF camera to be used over coax when combined with Dahua’s ePoE switch/head-end along with an LR1002 passive converter and an LR1002-1ET extender.

The second option allows a standard PoE switch to be used over coax when combined with Dahua’s ePoE camera along with an LR1002 passive converter at the camera and an LR1002-1EC extender.

The third way allows a standard PoE switch and standard PoE ONVIF camera to be used over coax when combined with Dahua’s ePoE LR1002-1EC and LR1002-1ET extenders."
upload_2019-5-30_14-57-51.png

Attachments

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just install a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E using the 2nd configuration in Andy's diagram above, using the simple LR1002 since the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E is an ePoE device. It too was plug & play. It simply worked.

@EMPIRETECANDY Does Dahua offer anything like these LR1002 adapters which allows an older, PoE (but not ePoE) camera to benefit from ePoE to operate at a long distance over cat5/6/6a network cable (rather than over coaxial cable)? These LR1002 adapters are great for older coax installations, but is there something which doesn't require the coax? I have a Dahua ePoE switch, so is there any adapter (like a PoE repeater) that could be used at a long distance and plug a non-ePoE camera into it?

So the diagram of what I'm asking would be:
ePoE switch -> cat5/6/6a network cable -> [??? adapter/repeater ???] -> PoE camera

I suspect Dahua just wants people to buy newer ePoE cameras, but I have a gate with an IP-based keypad that currently requires a PoE repeater. It would be nice to use ePoE with the keypad.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I just install a IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E using the 2nd configuration in Andy's diagram above, using the simple LR1002 since the IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E is an ePoE device. It too was plug & play. It simply worked.

@EMPIRETECANDY Does Dahua offer anything like these LR1002 adapters which allows an older, PoE (but not ePoE) camera to benefit from ePoE to operate at a long distance over cat5/6/6a network cable (rather than over coaxial cable)? These LR1002 adapters are great for older coax installations, but is there something which doesn't require the coax? I have a Dahua ePoE switch, so is there any adapter (like a PoE repeater) that could be used at a long distance and plug a non-ePoE camera into it?

So the diagram of what I'm asking would be:
ePoE switch -> cat5/6/6a network cable -> [??? adapter/repeater ???] -> PoE camera

I suspect Dahua just wants people to buy newer ePoE cameras, but I have a gate with an IP-based keypad that currently requires a PoE repeater. It would be nice to use ePoE with the keypad.
Check PFT1200 can work

https://www.amazon.com/Loryta-Extender-Repeater-Ethernet-Splitter/dp/B07RQ569MF/ref=sr_1_9?imprToken=eNnu.Pmf5hsW5hcTVECAQg&linkCode=w61&m=A329YQ83EBQGJF&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1563844306&redirect=true&s=merchant-items&slotNum=0&sr=1-9upload_2019-7-23_9-11-13.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

carteriii

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That’s what I have & do today, with a PoE extender every 100M. My question is whether Dahua offered any EXTENDED PoE Extender that would let me use only one extender/adapter up to 800M (their ePoE standard).

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Would this by chance work with crappy kit cable that came with qsee kits back in the analog days? The spaghetti cable.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
That’s what I have & do today, with a PoE extender every 100M. My question is whether Dahua offered any EXTENDED PoE Extender that would let me use only one extender/adapter up to 800M (their ePoE standard).
There is no such extender or adapter as i know.