How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins

Reaction score
Tried following this thread but I can't make out what's the best course of action for accessing my DVR through the web.
I have a Dahua dvr5104H. I can access it via the web, but nothing happens when I try to log in. I understand it used to work with IE6 and ActiveX, but surely there must be a way to access it via Chrome by now, no?
I found this page on their wiki, but it's useless.

I'm using quite an old firmware. I'd be happy to upgrade, but i can't find this model on Dahua's website (i looked here).

Any tips?
A bit scared to reply to a one message user but seems legit and not a bot. Clear your browser data and/or try opening a private window. Follow the instructions around here to get Internet Explorer back and try it, the BHO method worked for me for awhile but then I had to use the .vbs method in post 167 of this thread. It’s a pain in the ass but I guess that’s price we have to pay to get reasonably priced equipment that blows the consumer cloud based stuff away.

Bazzle

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried following this thread but I can't make out what's the best course of action for accessing my DVR through the web
As you are in this thread I assume you mean on your local machine.
How to view Dahua cameras without browser plugins

Did you try the browser I linked on page 10 2nd post from the bottom.?
I just checked again and I can see individual cams AND can also login to the Dahua NVR and also see cameras using K-Meleon

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tried following this thread but I can't make out what's the best course of action for accessing my DVR through the web.
I have a Dahua dvr5104H. I can access it via the web, but nothing happens when I try to log in. I understand it used to work with IE6 and ActiveX, but surely there must be a way to access it via Chrome by now, no?
I found this page on their wiki, but it's useless.

I'm using quite an old firmware. I'd be happy to upgrade, but i can't find this model on Dahua's website (i looked here).

Any tips?
Try using Dahua's SmartPSS software

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do you obtain the plugin? Attempting to log into either my OEM IPC-HFW4431R-Z or my Lorex E891AB prompts me to "Please click here to download and install the plug-in," with a link to , but that returns a 404:

View attachment 191998
It serves up different plugins based on your browser / OS. In this case the Mac plugin isn't present in the camera firmware, not that you'd have much luck installing it on a modern Mac anyways. SmartPSS is probably your best bet.

If you identify the "web" version shown on the camera's version page, you may be able to find a compatible plugin, but getting them to work on an up to date mac would likely be nearly impossible without a VM. I would experiment with different browsers.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
It serves up different plugins based on your browser / OS. In this case the Mac plugin isn't present in the camera firmware, not that you'd have much luck installing it on a modern Mac anyways. SmartPSS is probably your best bet.
that being said my ip dahuas are a bit older, but still work great in pale moon and this one...