Http post to change to ptz preset?

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think I've heard that there is an ability to use a http url to switch to ptz presets? Any idea the correct full url and variables for that action?

I'm thinking of having my local network zwave hub do a http post? curl? action upon a trigger (e.g., door sensor opened).

SD59225U-HNI

nickh66

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Take a look at the user guide at and then to page 213. There you will find >> /admin?camera=x&preset=n Goto PTZ preset n on camera x (short name).
In the case of my server i would use the url At first when I tried messing with this command i kept getting back the message "authorization required". There is additional reference in the guide to providing the required authenticaiton details but i couldn't get it to work so in the end i simply added an exclusion for the ip address of my machine in the 'web server' > advanced section of settings.
1628230987004.png
Then that above URL worked perfectly for me.
Also, if it's a option for you, you can post an MQTT payload to your server to send these same admin commands. That's how i choose to do it. I can send this kind of command from my Home Assistant home automation server.

Cheers
Nick

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Take a look at the user guide at and then to page 213. There you will find >> /admin?camera=x&preset=n Goto PTZ preset n on camera x (short name).
Maybe I missed it, but the OP didn't mention using BI and he didn't post in the BI forum, otherwise, that's great info you gave and could definitely help someone. I use a similar scheme to have a Shelly Wi-Fi switch send a HTTP command to move a porch PTZ to a preset ==>> Simple Blue Iris I/O using Shelly1 Wi-Fi Devices

Last edited:

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I realise this is an old post. And it ended up maybe not being for Blueiris.. But on searching in google I ended up here first. So thought I shouid provide my solution here in case it helps someone else. Note if using hubitat or potentially home assistant to untick the box mentioned below.

I got it working by http get to
One key thing I had to do in a non browser though was to untick the "use secure session keys and login page" in webserver/advanced. This worked for my hubitat after untick ing that box.

Cj500

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Pete_Repeat thank you! Which ptz are you using? Also, what do you put in the =cameraname field of the url?

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Pete_Repeat thank you! Which ptz are you using? Also, what do you put in the =cameraname field of the url?
Just a cheap(ish) cam that I believe is not seen favourable by some on here... Reolink E1 Zoom. Its worked well re keeping stable even over wifi, and I find the night vision good enough for me for my application of looking over my dog food Feeder (thus the ptz command from my home automation when it operates the dog Feeder). Better than some other more reputable branded cams I have with the blur at night with movement.

Re name, the short name for the camera in blue iris.

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just in case someone else stumbled across this in search again....... The Reolink E1 Zoom has the rtsp feed and onvif compatibility. Just not on by default. You need to turn the "server" on through its Web page by going to its IP address in a browser, then finding network, advanced, and turn "server" on. Select both rtsp and onvif so both video and ptz work. Then in blueiris add the cams IP and search. Nothing needs to be changed, it all works. Without turning the server on by default the camera won't be found.