iCSee cameras not working

Reaction score
Good afternoon

since about 5 days ago, I can't connect to any of my 3 solar powered IP cameras if I'm in a different network, i.e., I can see the video only if I'm using the same router. Does anybody know the reason and what can I do? By the way, I have seen complaints from other uses on iCSee webpage in Google Play Store. It looks like this problem is affecting many users, not just me.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code with a smartphone app or entered a serial number or UID and created an account, then it's likely you are using a cloud server and that server may be down.

EDIT 5/21/24 @ 1416 CDT:
From Google Play here, note the statement in bold:

iCSee is a monitoring security software ,which can work with the front-end devices such as robot 、bullet , or intelligent devices such as doorbell 、doorlock . iCSee can access the device by cloud ID , you can preview and control the live video in the Android device .

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code with a smartphone app or entered a serial number or UID and created an account, then it's likely you are using a cloud server and that server may be down.

EDIT 5/21/24 @ 1416 CDT:
From Google Play here, note the statement in bold:

iCSee is a monitoring security software ,which can work with the front-end devices such as robot 、bullet , or intelligent devices such as doorbell 、doorlock . iCSee can access the device by cloud ID , you can preview and control the live video in the Android device .
Thanks for the reply. In that case, what is your suggestion for me?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. In that case, what is your suggestion for me?
Not much you can do if you stay with that app other than drop a note to the developer as many on Google Play have done OR wait to see if they get the cloud server going again.

if no joy after a few days I'd look for a different but compatible app.

Tired

n3wb
Reaction score
oh wow, seems like is not just me then. i create a account here just to get some help... Do you recommend another app TonyR? that would work online without having to setup a Static IP?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
oh wow, seems like is not just me then. i create a account here just to get some help... Do you recommend another app TonyR? that would work online without having to setup a Static IP?
Since I use no P2P apps for Android I can't really say. I'd start here, though:

Reaction score
Many people affected everywhere, this is unnaceptable. They need to fix this immediately

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is why many of us do not use cloud based cameras. You are at the mercy of the company. In addition to all the other issues with cloud based cameras.

And if you are not having to pay a monthly fee for said cloud service, then they really have no incentive to keep it operational with high uptimes.

Reaction score
It is why many of us do not use cloud based cameras. You are at the mercy of the company. In addition to all the other issues with cloud based cameras.

And if you are not having to pay a monthly fee for said cloud service, then they really have no incentive to keep it operational with high uptimes.
do you know of any remote solar powered cameras that don't need cloud server?