IOS Blue Iris App not getting updated WAN address

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess the title of my post says it all. The app would not log onto my cameras. I logged onto my Blue Iris server PC, and found that the WAN address was different than the one the Blue Iris apps on my phone and my ipad. I updated them manually, and everything is fine. Is this a problem, or is there a lag before the apps receive a new WAN address?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess the title of my post says it all. The app would not log onto my cameras. I logged onto my Blue Iris server PC, and found that the WAN address was different than the one the Blue Iris apps on my phone and my ipad. I updated them manually, and everything is fine. Is this a problem, or is there a lag before the apps receive a new WAN address?
are you using the get ips option in the app based on your registration key?
if so ensure register ip is checked on the about tab, the in the webserver tab, you can adjust how often the ip address is refreshed.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again Fenderman. As far as I am concerned, you are "Ipcamtalk". I checked all the items you listed, and they are in play. Maybe an anomaly. As usual, thank you very much for your quick and informative response.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks again Fenderman. As far as I am concerned, you are "Ipcamtalk". I checked all the items you listed, and they are in play. Maybe an anomaly. As usual, thank you very much for your quick and informative response.
personally, I use dyndns, costs a bit but always works....

Terk

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have an ASUS router DDNS is included free using their .asuscomm.com address space.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I’ve registered with dynu.net and have setup a cron job on my router to perform an update of my external address every hour. All this works fine but within BI when I go into the web server if I type in my dynu.net DNS alias and save it, it seems to get overwritten with the actual external IP address.

Is this something that I need to set or will BI automatically manage the WAN address should it change?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I’ve registered with dynu.net and have setup a cron job on my router to perform an update of my external address every hour. All this works fine but within BI when I go into the web server if I type in my dynu.net DNS alias and save it, it seems to get overwritten with the actual external IP address.

Is this something that I need to set or will BI automatically manage the WAN address should it change?
you dont need to enter anything in the blue iris server, that address is for informational purposes.