IP Camera Addition

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good morning,

I currently have 4 IP cameras plugged directly into my PoE NVR Dahua 8 port. Those cameras are working fine. I recently purchased two additional cameras I wanted to add in my backyard. So I purchased outdoor PoE 5 port ethernet switch to handle these two additional cameras. I am having no luck getting my NVR to locate these two cameras or any IP address. Is this possible for me to add 2 cameras to PoE switch or will I have to run 2 new cables out of NVR directly to the cameras?

Let me know if more info is needed?

AC

Attachments

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I believe the new POE switch needs to be plugged into the NVR and not the unmanaged switch. Have you tried this configuration?

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe the new POE switch needs to be plugged into the NVR and not the unmanaged switch. Have you tried this configuration?
I have tried with the uplink on the NVR to the uplink on the PoE switch. No luck that way. I do see both cameras are being assigned the same IP address.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Your config should work as depicted in .PDF.
Only add one camera at a time...because they likely have the same IP address from factory defaults if they are new uninitialized cameras.
You need to surf to to the camera Tab in the NVR and click on " Uninitialized" the click on Device search and see what shows up. Then select "Add" and a popup will ask for the device password. try using the NVR password.
I cannot recall if an unintialized cam needs to be visited at it's factory default IP address ( usually 192.168.1.108) to add the NVR password or not.
1695308464120.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you plugged them in at the same time, you now IP conflicted them.

You need to turn them on one at a time and go into the camera GUI and assign them an unique IP address.

Then you hook one camera into the POE switch and hook that to the WAN/LAN port of the NVR and then manually add that camera.

After it shows up, then repeat for the 2nd one.

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you plugged them in at the same time, you now IP conflicted them.

You need to turn them on one at a time and go into the camera GUI and assign them an unique IP address.

Then you hook one camera into the POE switch and hook that to the WAN/LAN port of the NVR and then manually add that camera.

After it shows up, then repeat for the 2nd one.
Your config should work as depicted in .PDF.
Only add one camera at a time...because they likely have the same IP address from factory defaults if they are new uninitialized cameras.
You need to surf to to the camera Tab in the NVR and click on " Uninitialized" the click on Device search and see what shows up. Then select "Add" and a popup will ask for the device password. try using the NVR password.
I cannot recall if an unintialized cam needs to be visited at it's factory default IP address ( usually 192.168.1.108) to add the NVR password or not.
View attachment 172805
Thank let me try it out

ICTAlly

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try connecting them directly to the NVR first. Not too familiar with Dahua but do you need more licenses to add them?