8edw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

Recently upgraded one of my IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV 's to the latest firmware and straight away it started acting funny. going online/offline logging in/out and coming up with failed to find network host. aswell as covering half of the screen with this colourful rainbow static.

also its been freezing, jumping heaps of frames/seconds and just overall not acting right.

Just installed another IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV and updated the firmware to the same one before i installed it, started doing the same thing with the colourful rainbow static but nothing else like im seeing with my oldest one that has been installed for a while.

Before i upgraded the firmware its been running great but now its all of sudden just not working as it should, ive restarted the NVR heaps of times, Restarted the camera, Re Flashed the camera with the same firmware from dahuas website and still doing the exact same thing.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the same camera and firmware?? and if there is a fix to it or if anyone has an older firmware version i can use to try downgrading it to.

V3.140.0000000.13.R.240124

Please see attached below of all the black parts on the timeline is when its stopped recording, an
Thanks in advance

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are many problems people have with that camera.

Further, unless the firmware update is fixing something you have a problem with, best practice is to not update the firmware as it many times results in issues like this.

Did the release notes specifically mention fixing a problem you were trying to fix or were you doing it just for kicks and grins updating.

It would probably be best if you find the older firmware.

But before that, best practice IF someone decides to update is:

• Factory reset 3 times
  • Apply firmware update
  • Factory reset 3 times
  • Setup camera from scratch

Since the camera is problematic now, you don't risk anything trying the factory resets.

biglia

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

Recently upgraded one of my IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV 's to the latest firmware and straight away it started acting funny. going online/offline logging in/out and coming up with failed to find network host. aswell as covering half of the screen with this colourful rainbow static.

also its been freezing, jumping heaps of frames/seconds and just overall not acting right.

Just installed another IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV and updated the firmware to the same one before i installed it, started doing the same thing with the colourful rainbow static but nothing else like im seeing with my oldest one that has been installed for a while.

Before i upgraded the firmware its been running great but now its all of sudden just not working as it should, ive restarted the NVR heaps of times, Restarted the camera, Re Flashed the camera with the same firmware from dahuas website and still doing the exact same thing.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the same camera and firmware?? and if there is a fix to it or if anyone has an older firmware version i can use to try downgrading it to.

V3.140.0000000.13.R.240124

Please see attached below of all the black parts on the timeline is when its stopped recording, an
Thanks in advance

I have the same cameras. Out-of-the-box they are problematic but previous firmware updates have solved all problems.

I am currently running 3.120.0000000.34.R,2023-07-15. It's stable and you can find it here:

After that version, there's another firmware version: 3.140.0000000.3.R.231121. You can find it here: . I tried that version but I also got malfunctioning cameras. I therefore downgraded them to version 3.120.0000000.34.R,2023-07-15.

Now I also see your version V3.140.0000000.13.R.240124 appearing. I'm not going to upgrade the cameras then...

I think we need to upgrade the NVR to a new unreleased version to make the cameras work with the latest firmware version of the camera. We may have to contact Dahua for this.

Let me now if it works for you.

8edw

n3wb
Reaction score
That's really interested to know and glad im not alone with these issues.

just downgraded to 3.120.0000000.34.R,2023-07-15, ill keep you updated and let you know how it goes thank youse so much man.