IPC-T5442T-ZEB stopped triggering BI

OfficeBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
The subject camera used to trigger BI, but at some point stopped. Video works fine. Find/Inspect in BI gets the time but the very next return is "Invalid response. Is the password correct?" Yup, User/PW are fine. ODM finds the camera but only returns 400 Bad request. I tried blowing the FW onto the camera again but that did nothing. My only guess for next steps is Factory Default the camera, but I would like to avoid that if possible. I assume I have left out a key piece of knowledge to help me reslove this so fire away.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You may think the password is correct but it isn't LOL.

So it didn't find the camera properly.

For some reason these devices keep users and ONVIF users as separate and if the password doesn't match in the ONVIF manager list (which happens frequently when people start changing passwords), then the cameras cannot be "seen". Or sometimes the firmware just goes wonky.

Log into the Camera GUI and under users you will see a tab called ONVIF User or ONVIF Manager or something like that.

Select it and then change the admin password for the ONVIF user to match your new password.

Or simply create a new user and password in ONVIF user and use that in BI and hit the find/inspect again.

OfficeBoy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... You were correct about the location of the ONVIF account manager. The passwords are correct. On the affected camera I created a new user with admin rights in both the Account and ONVIF User tabs with the same (bad) results. Reboot, no change.

ODM still can't see it with any of the accounts I made. It does pick up and display all the info for the other camera I have.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. That normally fixes it. Sounds like a factory reset is in order.