IPC-T5442TM-AS Auto IR bug fixed firmware 20190930

jmwang

n3wb
Reaction score
Interestingly the 0930 worked well for me on this camera. I didn't even factory reset and it worked great.
I had the same problem on my 5241-AS-PV with the 0706 however, and am having to use the old firmware. (all FW appropriate for that camera)
If betogar or I are making some configuration mistake I would love to know about it. For now, same solution (use old firmware) is solving the same problem (IVS not working) on different cameras...

I sure hope this camera keeps working for me since I have 5 of them sitting in boxes that I am getting ready to deploy.
I can now confirm betogar's problem. After having 1 IPC-T5442TM-AS work really well and ordering 5 more, I started to set them up. I setup 1 more camera- so far so good. With my process down, I setup 2 more simultaneously (different IP's obviously). One camera is giving me the algorithm version error, with the IVS not working and the other seems to be working. I haven't tried downgrading to the 0521 version for this camera yet, but I'd imagine that would make the camera functional. pretty odd, serial number XXXXX68 works while XXXXX70 doesn't.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys, after updating the firmware I noticed this (please see attached) in the settings. Should I disregard that message? @EMPIRETECANDY
whats this.png

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone can elaborate what's going on? :confused:

I can now confirm betogar's problem. After having 1 IPC-T5442TM-AS work really well and ordering 5 more, I started to set them up. I setup 1 more camera- so far so good. With my process down, I setup 2 more simultaneously (different IP's obviously). One camera is giving me the algorithm version error, with the IVS not working and the other seems to be working. I haven't tried downgrading to the 0521 version for this camera yet, but I'd imagine that would make the camera functional. pretty odd, serial number XXXXX68 works while XXXXX70 doesn't.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I see that Andy acknowledge's this problem, but will the next update address IVS? What is the ETA for the next "official" firmware? How come some units have the Algorithm error and others do not? @EMPIRETECANDY IVS doesn't work with this latest firmware. I don't deploy cameras with unfinished firmware. Is there any workaround this? Or would I need to downgrade to an earlier version and miss out on Smart IR for the time-being until official Dahua firmware is released?

Last edited:

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Arjun Which firmware was installed on the cams, before upgrading to the latest (SmartIR fix) ? This one ?

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you try by downgrading to the linked one, and then upgrade again to the latest ?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you try by downgrading to the linked one, and then upgrade again to the latest ?
Thanks, I'll try doing that then post an update here shortly, probably in the 2-3 hours :)

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
Total noob here, but I just posted a question wondering if turning motion detect on shut IVS off. Sounds like it might be the upgraded firmware I installed over the weekend.
How do I downgrade and what version should I downgrade to?

Thanks

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried downgrading and upgrading again, made no difference what-so-ever. Still no update from @EMPIRETECANDY
The algorithm error appeared in the 07-06 update as well which is extremely puzzling

Thanks, I'll try doing that then post an update here shortly, probably in the 2-3 hours :)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Does anyone here have the firmware file dated from 05-21?

This is not looking good

Last edited:
Reaction score
Download link is not working.

"Transfer deleted
Sorry, this transfer has been deleted and is not available any more"

Reaction score
tried again from different computer and same :
Transfer deleted
Sorry, this transfer has been deleted and is not available any more,
can anybody help please

jmwang

n3wb
Reaction score
Reaction score
still waiting i someone can post the last firmware again due i still receive download error
Transfer deleted
Sorry, this transfer has been deleted and is not available any more