Ir cam light problem

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Suddenly the cam in one of my nest boxes is about half as bright. Where should I look first for a problem like this? The camera itself ( debris, etc)., log into the camera and check the settings. Could the Poe switch be on its way out?

Hikvision IP Camera DS-2CD2542F-IS 4MP WDR Mini Dome Network Camera Built-in Mic 3-Axis PoE ONVIF DDNS Outdoor Night Version 2.8mm Lens

tubac

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The rings of LEDs as used in domes do tend to be unreliable - maybe a segment has stopped working.
Can you see the ring, and spot a missing LED segment?

Each segment usually consists of 4 or 5 LEDs wired in series, running off 12v.
One LED going open-circuit kills the whole segment.
They can be easily replaced, if you have spares and find the faulty one.

Reaction score
850 nm IR LEDs are available on eBay. To determine which one is bad, you'd have to remove the camera, and take a picture of it with another ir-sensitive camera to determine precisely which LED(s) are bad/open.

Reaction score
There are a handful of IR LED ring circuit boards available super-cheap on AliExpress.com, but knowing if any of them would be a direct replacement? Not very likely.

Reaction score
Dear Forummates. My problem is :with an ANBIUX P06 Chinese IP camera.
The LED light turns on when moving in the dark. After that they are constantly light and do not turn off unless it is daylight. Anyone have any idea? The software cannot turn off the LEDs either.