Is it a real Gun?

Reaction score
I get home after running some errands, and i see a ball on my lawn. So i decide to go through blue iris to see my alerts and i was shocked at what i found. My neighbor and her daughter did not know how much danger they where in after stepping outside to see what the noise was. I have sent this clip to my local police department. I will be checking with my neighbors down the street to see if they know these kids.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HI @djernie

Possible, hard to really tell without a very good close up - and even then there are some airsoft one's which look very much like the real model.

Time to get a couple good varifocals to add more pixels on the sidewalk for a potential ID image.
( which I see from another thread that you've already got an upgrade lined up ... ;-)

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Does sound a little lite for a Hand Gun being discharged however it more than likely firing a projectile and is in the hands of a young punk. Sending the clip to the cop is a good move, the 2 in front of him did not seem to be to disturbed about the noise.

Reaction score
Does sound a little lite for a Hand Gun being discharged however it more than likely firing a projectile and is in the hands of a young punk. Sending the clip to the cop is a good move, the 2 in front of him did not seem to be to disturbed about the noise.
The noise was he kid throwing the ball into the stop sign. The dahua t5442tm as led and the t2431t as - picked up the sound. The dahua 2231r-zs does not have sound and that is the camera that showed him hitting the sign with the ball.

Reaction score
HI @djernie

Possible, hard to really tell without a very good close up - and even then there are some airsoft one's which look very much like the real model.

Time to get a couple good varifocals to add more pixels on the sidewalk for a potential ID image.
( which I see from another thread that you've already got an upgrade lined up ... ;-)
Yeah i do the cam that caught him throwing the ball is a varifocal but i don't want to zoom in until i get the other cams, because the overview is what i want for right now. I will order the other cams next week. Those fake guns get kids killed. SMH

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
HI @djernie

I agree. Hard to say and it could well be an Airsoft gun or one like it.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes and it will be hard for the police to tell when they shoot him dead.
Its an airsoft I'm pretty confident. Still stupid of him running around like that as HPD won't give them the benefit of the doubt. Did you ask the neighbors across the street that saw it all happen live and in person?

Just noticed something from your vids. You're putting a lot of personal info out there. You can see your address easily, car plates, etc. It wouldn't be difficult to look up on HCAD to see who owns the house. It's all fine if you meant to but I wanted to make sure you knew all you were showing. (Southside can be a tough area!)

Reaction score
Its an airsoft I'm pretty confident. Still stupid of him running around like that as HPD won't give them the benefit of the doubt. Did you ask the neighbors across the street that saw it all happen live and in person?

Just noticed something from your vids. You're putting a lot of personal info out there. You can see your address easily, car plates, etc. It wouldn't be difficult to look up on HCAD to see who owns the house. It's all fine if you meant to but I wanted to make sure you knew all you were showing. (Southside can be a tough area!)
Yes i am aware of all the personal information. I welcome any visitors to my place, i have something special for them, we can have key lime pie and a heineken or the city coroners. Their choice.