is there a "generic" firmware available for Hi3535 based NVR? (owsoo branded)

Reaction score
hi, maybe I have bricked my nvr 16ch owsoo, while I was updating the firmware, it turned itself off and now I have nothing on the screen, it turns on but I don't have the boot, I wanted to fix it. what do i need to fix it? which programmer? where should I connect it on the board? which firmware should i use? can anyone guide me?

jezusas

n3wb
Reaction score
hi, maybe I have bricked my nvr 16ch owsoo, while I was updating the firmware, it turned itself off and now I have nothing on the screen, it turns on but I don't have the boot, I wanted to fix it. what do i need to fix it? which programmer? where should I connect it on the board? which firmware should i use? can anyone guide me?
Mine 16Ch also got into the bootloop after remote firmware update. It was purchased as Yumiki model N9316-V3, chipset HiSilicon 3536D. Connected via terminal, found out that it was asking for firmware file "nvr.NBD-27xxNEA.bin" on boot.
1. I have cleared setting via erase_cfg command (most probably some settings messed up with new firmware)
2. Then downloaded firmware, google search for NBD-27xxNEA
3. Renamed file to nvr.NBD-27xxNEA.bin and wrote it to usb.
4. Booted NVR with usb key attached, it updated firmware and now I have working NVR.

Maybe it would be enough to reset settings in step 1.

IMG_20200902_150832.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi, finally I bought the programmer but I can't find the firmware, does anyone have it? owsoo 16ch i3535 nvr

CA50

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anybody tell where to get firmware:

201603015-zhongxing-NVR8-V1.0.1.5927.zip

Link from the first page of this thread is dead and google cannot help to find this file on the web. Thanks.
Anyone with this link ?

tgbssk

n3wb
Reaction score
Has any one tried this port , back side of RJ45? it must be USB with no connectors soldered.1633448563447.png