Issue with 1 camera ip address

countrycamera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am setting up 2 IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras. I am using Blue Iris and the config tool, tp-link 4 port poe switch TL-SG1005P. I was able to get 1 camera up and running and used the DHCP setting to change the IP address in the config tool. The other camera I had selected DELETE on accidently and now I am unable to get it to show up.

If I plug the camera that wont show in config tool in, change the ipv4 address to 192.168.1.5 for example, I can ping it in command prompt so I believe it is getting a signal. I just don't know how to make it appear so I can change the IP and get it to work. When I go to 192.168.1.108 with that camera I can't get anything to show.

I also tried to plug both cameras into the POE switch and neither would show in blue iris. I unplugged the one that doesn't show up and then the other one worked in blue iris.

Any ideas on what I need to do to fix this? Hopefully I am just missing something easy here.

Thanks!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, if you didn't configure anything yet in your camera's, I would advice you to look INSIDE the camera for the physical reset hole/button. If I'm not mistaken, on an HDW it's a button. Open your camera (carefully), plugin the ethernet jack (for power), press and hold that reset button a couple of seconds (until you "hear" the camera going down). Let it boot up properly without unplugging the device.
Configtool will then find it back at 192.168.0.108, it's default IP. Change it again and repeat for the other cam.

Good luck!
CC

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I can only access 2 of the 3 screws. How do i access the last screw that is being blocked by the plastic housing?
Remove the camera from the housing. There is one set screw on the front of the shroud that if loosened, will allow you remove the "ball" from the mount.
Hi @countrycamera

Do check out some of the reviews, they will show you the separate sections typically taken apart. @looney2ns has done this with a number of reviews he has done and are worth looking at to see the set screw he mentions.

countrycamera

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! Reset button fixed my issue and I now have both cameras working. I do have another question now about the IP addresses for the cameras.

I set my cameras ip's up to 192.168.1.x and 192.168.1.x and were able to view both cameras. Then I turned my ipv4 back to "Obtain an IP address automatically." I then lost connection to my cameras. I then tried changing my cameras ip's to match my pc ip having the first 3 decimal places match and a different last number. This worked and have internet connection and both cameras working.

My question is what is the correct procedure here? Am I doing this right with how I have it now?

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks so much guys! Reset button fixed my issue and I now have both cameras working. I do have another question now about the IP addresses for the cameras.

I set my cameras ip's up to 192.168.1.x and 192.168.1.x and were able to view both cameras. Then I turned my ipv4 back to "Obtain an IP address automatically." I then lost connection to my cameras. I then tried changing my cameras ip's to match my pc ip having the first 3 decimal places match and a different last number. This worked and have internet connection and both cameras working.

My question is what is the correct procedure here? Am I doing this right with how I have it now?
Yes, you are doing it correctly. The cameras and pc all need to be on the same network. If your home network is 192.168.0.x, then your cameras also need to be 192.168.0.x. Make sure the last number that you assigned to the cameras does not conflict with any other devices on your network since you are using DHCP. Go into your router and change the range of assigned ip addresses from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.100 and then assign your cameras an address starting from 101.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@countrycamera , +1 to what @Hammerhead786 said in post #8.

Just for your clarity, the IP range that the router uses to assign IP addresses to cameras and devices that are set to DHCP is known as the router's "DHCP Pool".
If you assign unique, static IP addresses to cameras and devices that are OUTSIDE of that DHCP Pool's range, then it is not a requirement to also "reserve" those IP's in the router.