Issues on NVR access

koala2709

n3wb
Reaction score
Dear all,

Im desperate :/

I have a NVR from hilook, and 2 cameras from hilook also.

Everything works, BUT, i cant login on the NVR itself.

I tried the reset via QR code, and sent it to pw_recovery email from hikvision, they never answer... I tried blank email + attach, with title, no title, with body no body, no answer, ever.

I tried to reach the support that sold me the system, they are closed, forever, end of activity, since 1 month ago.

I tried the reset via nvr gui, and SADP tool, for both there is no answer to QR code.

I dont know what to do...

Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks in advance

Last edited:

koala2709

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the message i get when i try to submit a form on hikvision support page... :(
All the things i try lead me nowhere

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to find the reset button or two points to do a jumper.

Not surprised you are not getting anywhere with Hikvision. You have to remember that the homeowner isn't the Hikvision and Dahua target audience, it is the professional installers, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from. Many people have bought a Hikvision or Dahua from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer....

koala2709

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that besides shady is dumb from them.
Ok they are targeting suppliers, but, if suppliers goes bankrupt, or does not help, we get facked ? ... I mean damn.

Anyway i can maybe use the cameras directly to record to my desktop? i have over 12tb space, and i dont want to be relying on this type of management obviosly :(

Can you provide details on how to reset? i am a total newbie, where is the button? i can not locate any button on the nvr, or is it inside?

Many thanks in advance @wittaj

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You need to find the reset button or two points to do a jumper.

Not surprised you are not getting anywhere with Hikvision. You have to remember that the homeowner isn't the Hikvision and Dahua target audience, it is the professional installers, so we cannot purchase directly and thus they will not take your phone call for support related questions - they will tell you to talk to the installer you purchased from. Many people have bought a Hikvision or Dahua from Amazon or some shady foreign website and when they call Hikvision or Dahua for support they basically tell them to go pound salt. We simply are not their intended market to sell to and they will not take your call for support...Lot's of threads here confirming this, including one from a few months ago where someone tried to call for support and they told them sorry talk to your installer....
^^^
The surveillance industry is full of shady fly by night people. It’s in my opinion good practice to deal with medium sized locally owned companies in any business.
Too big they don’t give a shit, too small they’re gone before the warranty.

Unfortunately we can’t even help you, the first thing I’m asked by support is what the serial number is and where it was purchased.

koala2709

n3wb
Reaction score
I attached photos of the inside of the NVR.
If anyone know how to pin the reset,please let me know. i have 0 experience with electric circuits

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Can anyone please help me?

This is my NVR SN: NVR-4CH-4MP/4P0420231128CCRRAX2098657WVU
(camera and nvr specs attached)

Many thanks in advance
Posting serial numbers of cameras/NVRs is a bad habit. Please consider blurring out the serial numbers and their respective barcodes

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Only way you could reset it yourself is to plug serial connection to uart port and flash a bit older or same firmware. In most cases that will also factory defaults the nvr/dvr/camera.

If you gonna ask how, please refer to search. There's plenty of topics how to

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Only way you could reset it yourself is to plug serial connection to uart port and flash a bit older or same firmware. In most cases that will also factory defaults the nvr/dvr/camera.

If you gonna ask how, please refer to search. There's plenty of topics how to
Or locate electrical engineering prints to identify which 2 points to short, good luck.