Item I found useful for poe

Burbo

n3wb
Reaction score
When I installed my system, I already had an 8 port GB switch on hand. I just needed poe. Check out this website with injector blocks. http://wifiqos.com They sell thru ebay and amazon. It makes for a clean install in a structured wiring can. I have dual NIC's on my pc nvr so I can run my cameras on a separate network from my computers, it worked out well to mount the small switch and poe block together. I have no interest in this company other than purchasing their products.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
there also called PoE Midspans; they are quite popular because people often have big switches w/out POE and just need a handfull of powered ports w/out a pile of injectors.. much more flexible if your not confined for space..

Search for em used on ebay; $60 can net you a nice 24 port rack mount managed one you can connect to with a web browser.. datacenter gear is quite robust and most of them spent there entire life in a climate controlled clean room and will give you decades of loyal service.. right now everyone is updating there old PoE gear for Poe+/Gigabit for 802.11AC WiFi... which really no IP cameras require.

My midspan is at least 12 years old now; bought it with a broken face plate ~6 years ago for a song and a dance..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using this companies POE injector for my Hikvision cameras for almost a year without any issues. It's never been unplugged and has power since being plugged in. It's quite and reliable.

BrianDC

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't know such things existed. Thanks!
Just installed one in my wire closet. Much more cost effective vs some of the larger POE hubs. Only downside is some of the manual labor of making extra patch cords to keep things groomed nicely.