La_view Mobile app Their web site is useless

GGAy

n3wb
Reaction score
La view Mobile App disappeared ,from Google app store. Why, (had malware?) and where else can I D/L a clean copy from?
have laview 4 channel Cube, 3-4 yrs old. App got corrupted on cell fone & need to reinstall. la-View is unresponsive.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
On iOS, the LaView and Hikvision (Hik-Connect) apps are the same so you can use either one. Not sure about Android, but it’s worth taking a look.

GGAy

n3wb
Reaction score
On iOS, the LaView and Hikvision (Hik-Connect) apps are the same so you can use either one. Not sure about Android, but it’s worth taking a look.
Thnks for the pointer. Never heard of HIK-Connect. unit spicific Regestration night mare gave up/ scrapping LaView

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 4 laview cams that I got at a great deal and they're ok. I don't bother with the software though and even getting a FW update is impossible. When I finally got a tech on the line, they said they don't do any FW update ever unless there's a problem existing thats stopping functionality. They admitted that they're afraid they'll brick something and instead just dont update it if its working. Therefore, I have 4 cameras with I think 2 different FW versions spread amongst them and I can't update them all to the same version.

not a very professional company for sure. If it werent for the fact that I have less than 20$ per camera invested in these, I'd be tossing them. At that price though, I live with it.

robbinh00d

n3wb
Reaction score
LaView is garbage. I totally regret buying my 10 cam setup. The best I can hope for is to flash a hikvision firmware to the cameras and use either Blue Iris or a Hik NVR.
And, like you, I noticed the laview mobile app is gone as well...just yesterday.