Line detection enabled only in camera 1. Hikvision HDTVI DVR

dennmtr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys. I recently set up 5 cameras on a dvr. Sorry for my English . Everything is hikvision, hdtvi. Motion detection on an external area is very annoying, that's why I enabled line detection. But, only for camera 1. All the other camera says that does not support this feature . Everything is disabled . Why ???

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All the other camera says that does not support this feature
What model of cameras are they, and what version of firmware is on them?
But, only for camera 1.
What model of camera is this, and what version of firmware?
Are all the cameras connected to the DVR as 'Hikvision' and not NOVIF or Generic RTSP?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the TVI dvr's can only do line cross on one or two cameras...this is because the processing has to be done by the DVR not in the camera (as opposed to IP cameras where the camera does the line cross detection)..

dennmtr

n3wb
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450980369.712568.jpg
I cannot find any hikvision option in camera management . Expect from that if I connect camera 5 for example in camera 1 input Line cross is working. Therefor camera is not the problem . The problem is dvr configuration . Or hikvision allows for some reason only 1 camera . Sth very strange . "Camera 2,3,4,5 doesn't support this feature ... (Line crossing, everything expect the crappy motion detect .Very strange , I need line detection for cameras !!!

dennmtr

n3wb
Reaction score
"Camera Doesn't support this feature" notification. It can tell "it doesn't support more than one cameras"... But..

Expect from that I cannot disable camera 6,7,8 input. HDD records these camera inputs without cameras (extra hard disk space), and extra upload bandwidth

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"Camera Doesn't support this feature" notification. It can tell "it doesn't support more than one cameras"... But..

Expect from that I cannot disable camera 6,7,8 input. HDD records these camera inputs without cameras (extra hard disk space), and extra upload bandwidth
http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2015060816102489271.pdf
"The VCA settings and VCA alarm is supported by 1 analog camera for DS-7200/7300/8100HGHI modelsand 2 analog camers for DS-7200/7300/8100/9000HQHI models"

dennmtr

n3wb
Reaction score
Line cross detection needs more processing power than motion detection ? Very strange . I suppose disabling motion detection will affect nothing . I believe there are marketing tricks ... Thank u for all information :)!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Line cross detection needs more processing power than motion detection ? Very strange . I suppose disabling motion detection will affect nothing . I believe there are marketing tricks ... Thank u for all information :)!
They are not marketing tricks otherwise there would be hikvision TVI DVR's that support all channels with line cross not just 1 or 2 channels. TVI is transitional technology, if you want lots of options your will need to move to IP cameras.