Live Stream with Remote PTZ Control

ddddd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Camera: DS-2DF8242IX-AEL(O-STD)(T5)

I have this camera at a great location with a stunning view. I'm wanting to stream the cam to a custom site and allow remote control of the PTZ functions with a queuing system allowing X amount of time per user. I'd also like to continuously stream the footage to YouTube/facebook etc.

Considering the capabilities of the camera and the location, there could indeed be some privacy issues by allowing 100% full control thus the most obvious would be to create a bunch of predefined parameters - and then possibly only allowing zoom control on those pre-defined areas.

I have access to deploy either a remote cloud server (linux/windows, no resource or bandwidth limitations) and port forward to the camera on-site or, I could deploy an on-site device ranging from a PC, RPi etc.

Perhaps there is some form of software/web kit already available to achieve the above?

I'd much appreciate any direction or guidance.

Thank you :)

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You cant allow PTZ function without camera login :/ BUT

In order to do that you would need to create API

when people click certain preset, that button sends POST request to backend API that login to camera and move ptz to preset ID.

Meaning, you make presets as points of interests, and allow users to only move ptz to certain spots u predefined.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I already have an API for various hikvision products, i might get PTZ preset call and put it as service itselfs. It would open a webservice at 127.0.0.1/api/ptzCall

On your website for each button you would do POST request on that URL with json body msg containing ID

ddddd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your response.

You cant allow PTZ function without camera login :/ BUT
I'm fully aware that login is required... hence my mention of "machine in the middle" - whatever type of device it may be that'll run the streaming software etc. (since most certainly login to the camera will not be offered lol)

Are you aware of anything that might exist already to interact with the PTZs API etc. ?

ddddd

n3wb
Reaction score
If I set aside the feature of controlling PTZ through a website for the moment and focus solely on streaming to platforms like Facebook, YouTube, etc., I'm considering using a Raspberry Pi5/8GB to relay the RTSP feed from my local network. Can anybody recommend any software compatible with PiOS/Linux for this purpose?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There are hikvision devices that support RTMP, but im not sure about your model :/

RTMP = direct to youtube stream