Local save to sd card only

Skosvin

n3wb
Reaction score
I an on my work and trying to setup this Hikvision ds-2cd2041g1-idw1 camera. The first time I had a drop-down menu where I could choose to save the video on SD card or computer. But I cant remember if it was on the software of the camera ( local ip 192.168.1.64) or some of the hikvision ivms software.
I have been everywhere on the camera settings, installed all the versions of software from hikvision. I have factory reset the camera. But it wont get me that option again.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ut I cant remember if it was on the software of the camera ( local ip 192.168.1.64)
If the Storage menu for HDD management isn't showing in the web GUI of the camera, either do a page refresh (F5) or clear the browser history.
You'll get best results with web GUI menus using IE11. Some menu items depend on the webcomponents plugin, which is specific top IE11.
The same comment applies to the Local menu, where manual storage paths are defined.

**edit**
If IE11 isn't an option at your work - the Batch Configuration Tool is pretty comprehensive for configuration work.

Skosvin

n3wb
Reaction score
If the Storage menu for HDD management isn't showing in the web GUI of the camera, either do a page refresh (F5) or clear the browser history.
You'll get best results with web GUI menus using IE11. Some menu items depend on the webcomponents plugin, which is specific top IE11.
The same comment applies to the Local menu, where manual storage paths are defined.

**edit**
If IE11 isn't an option at your work - the Batch Configuration Tool is pretty comprehensive for configuration work.
Sadly, that didnt do the trick. The IE11 browser clearing didnt help. Couldnt find the drop-down menu in the Batch program.