Looking for quality ONVIF wifi camera?

Reaction score
Just wondering if you guys have any recommendations?

We've been using Foscam and haven't been too happy with their quality...

TIA

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Mainly looking for outdoor, audio not a big deal.. thanks for the reply, will check the notes out.

EDIT: having a bit of trouble navigating to the area you mentioned from my phone Tapatalk app, might have to try from a computer or browser instead

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mainly looking for outdoor, audio not a big deal.. thanks for the reply, will check the notes out.
Regarding cam form factor, avoid bullets (ring of IR LEDs attracts spiders, webs cause false alerts) and domes (dust collects on dome due to moisture, causes IR glare, foggy image, have to cleans as often as bullets) which make turrets the best choice.

Don't get too absorbed in megapixels if wanting optimum low-light performance. The 2MP Dahua turrets with Starlight sensor, the Hikvision turrets with Dark Fighter and IPCT's own turret with Night Eye (currently out of stock) have great low-light performance.

EDIT: having a bit of trouble navigating to the area you mentioned from my phone Tapatalk app, might have to try from a computer or browser instead
Great idea! :cool:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!

Do you know if they make them in a wireless version?

I've briefly looked around but have had trouble finding anything comparable to Foscam for wireless ONVIF cameras that are compatible with the Uniview NVR that I'm using..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!!

Do you know if they make them in a wireless version?

I've briefly looked around but have had trouble finding anything comparable to Foscam for wireless ONVIF cameras that are compatible with the Uniview NVR that I'm using..

any camera can be made wireless with a wifi bridge or powerline adapter. Spend a few dollars and pay someone to run a proper ethernet line, you need to power the camera anyway.