Lorex

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have been installing security cameras for over 10 years now I have an upcoming project at a hotel, there are three ip cameras mounted on poles and the previous installer ran all the cables on the roof without conduit. All the cables have been resting in water and are all brittle, now I have to re-wire the entire cameras all 32 of them. My client is refusing to upgrade his current system ( Lorex ) and I can understand because he purchased the system a little over a year ago. I know how to factory rest the NVR but I need to reset the IP cameras because the ip cameras have passwords and ip addresses assigned to them.
Does anyone know how to reset the ip cameras ( model # LNB-8973C ). I have contacted Lorex and waited on hold for over 40 minutes and no one answered the call, either they are really busy or do not have enough man power. I know that from my experience dome cameras have a reset button inside the dome cover, but I cant seem to figure out the bullet cameras. I need to convince my client to buy my equipment we offer tech support m-f from 8am-8pm and i can give him a 3 year warranty on the equipment I really want him to have a much more reliable system.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi zx83

"..I need to convince my client to buy my equipment .."

What equipment do you support?

zx83

n3wb
Reaction score
Mat200, I sell Alibi security Cameras these cameras are the same as Hikvision. I get a better deal and their tech support is superior not like Lorex tech support i waited an hour for support only to leave my number so they can call me back and I never got the call back ( not good for business). For the most part I can troubleshoot and resolve myself but sometimes you need them.
Dudemaar, Thank you for the link that is exactly the camera.
www.alibisecurity.com

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Mat200, I sell Alibi security Cameras these cameras are the same as Hikvision. I get a better deal and their tech support is superior not like Lorex tech support i waited an hour for support only to leave my number so they can call me back and I never got the call back ( not good for business). For the most part I can troubleshoot and resolve myself but sometimes you need them.
Dudemaar, Thank you for the link that is exactly the camera.
www.alibisecurity.com
Hi @zx83

As you probably are aware, Lorex is attempting to sell as much as they can directly to the end user. Their support seems to be a hit or miss from what I can tell. ( some get great support - others.. not so.. )

I know a number of us have attempted to get support from Hikvision and had no luck.

Naturally since you're in the distribution chain you will get support from Alibi / Hikvision ( while we do not ), so it is completely understandable that you'd prefer to stick with your support channels and sell new product to the customer which you're familiar with.

In terms of pricing, I would hope a wholesaler would be the usual price from Lorex.

That noted, your new customer has previously existing equipment and will be reluctant to replace them. The cameras are good - not as good as we like in low light conditions, but with enough light they're good. Of course the issue appears to be a substandard install. Owner probably went the cheapest bidder route.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Mat200, I will keep everyone posted as the install takes place.
Feel free to take pictures of any horror installation you see during your job and share it...

we have a nice fun thread on the topic ;-)