Lost WDR on Firmware upgrade

totalsec

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-2DF8236I5X-AELW
Upgraded from V5.5.8 build 180917 to V5.6.0 build 190130.
When I change WDR to ON, it immediately shows ON and the WDR setting then goes back to OFF. Says saved ok? Tried from Camera menu and fails the same way.

Any Ideas?

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have seen this on a few, albeit cheaper Hikvision PTZ cameras, exact same thing. To be honest, I kind of got the impression that it was either a bug in the firmware, or that the cameras did not actually support WDR despite their specs stating that they did. Your experience implies it is probably the former.

Not sure if you can revert back to previous firmware?

I have come to the conclusion that I only ever upgrade Hik firmware if I really have to...i.e. having existing problems, or missing features. Otherwise probably best to just leave alone as there are so many instances of problems after upgrading.

Sorry not able to help but can at least verify that this happens on other models too.

totalsec

n3wb
Reaction score
If I default all the setting WDR comes back. Its gone again now so there must be something I am doing in display settings... Hmmm.

timb999

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh ok, well maybe it is something to do with the profile you are selecting? Outdoor/Night/LowIllumination etc? I have noticed that changing this can add/remove features across the menus.

totalsec

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually I think it was the NVR, somehow. I deleted from the NVR and defaulted the camera. I then created a simple user with limited access to the camera. added the camera with that user account (not admin) and have never had the problem again.