Mini-Review - 5241-Z12E-S2 - Replacement for the 5241-Z12E

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I found out why this camera was posting snap shots and doing exactly what I wanted it to do right out of the box. I had in my NVR a setting under AI then ANPR, it was ENABLED for this camera. In doing so it's posting snap shots and recording.
I am really not sure if this is how I had the prior camera set up or not. lol...

So I guess I'll need to do a little experimenting with this enabled/disabled, and setting up things on the camera to trip on vehicles/humans, and hopefully continue to post snap shots on my NVR panel.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine wont let me save under ANPR. Just get "Failed to Aquire Config"

Now using AI search for IVS you do get snapshots and short clips for Human/Vehicle. I'll bet that's what you're seeing. ANPR wont work withhout a ANPR capable camera
AISearch-IVS.jpg

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine wont let me save under ANPR. Just get "Failed to Aquire Config"

Now using AI search for IVS you do get snapshots and short clips for Human/Vehicle. I'll bet that's what you're seeing. ANPR wont work withhout a ANPR capable camera
View attachment 193968
I get snap shots under AI Search then Motor Vehicle Detection as well. But under "parameters", "ANPR" then hitting OK when channel 1 failed to acquire screen comes up, then select whatever channel your camera is, and it's enabled for me.
I don't have any kind of "EVENT" settings on this camera at the moment, the NVR is doing everything...

Not sure if I'll keep it like this or let the camera do it all.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow, I need to get one of those. Kinda wonder why they sell those new ones advertised as having NVR based AI if these old ones can do it..

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, I need to get one of those. Kinda wonder why they sell those new ones advertised as having NVR based AI if these old ones can do it..
Yes, it's weird. I'm looking at the 4ks2e spec sheet and it says nothing about the NVR being able to do this, just everything done by the camera. So I'm confused.

Perhaps Andy @EMPIRETECANDY could explain this?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think whats happening is you're making those settings on the NVR. Which simply pushes them to the camera. They synch. The NVR is showing a reflection of the settings on the camera.

If the NVR was AI capable by itself, you'd have a choice with the rules for ON Camera or ON NVR when you make the setting.

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think whats happening is you're making those settings on the NVR. Which simply pushes them to the camera. They synch. The NVR is showing a reflection of the settings on the camera.

If the NVR was AI capable by itself, you'd have a choice with the rules for ON Camera or ON NVR when you make the setting.
Ahhh.. That makes sense. Now, time to figure out how to recreate what I'm seeing on the NVR to the camera.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the reasons we advise making all settings on the camera and not the NVR is that the synch from camera to NVR (when you hit refresh) seems to work well.

Making settings on the NVR and pushing to the camera doesn’t always synch just right. And many times with new cameras, they have settings that are not shown or available to set on the NVR.