Mobile App (Android) Stopped Working

Joe1967

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running Blue Iris for several years, currently have 12 active cameras. A few days ago, the mobile app on both my Samsung Note 8 and Google Pixel became unusable. Connect, sign-in, and connect to the index page work fine. But, when clicking on an individual camera it takes on the order of 5 minutes to bring up the live view. This is the same on both mobile phones and the same whether operating locally on wifi or remotely via internet. After trying a few other things, I deleted Blue Iris completely from my server and did a clean install of Release 4.6.4.6 x64. My mobile app is Version 2.0.48 which shows it installed on Oct 30, 2017, which happens to be right about when I noticed it stopped working.

Anybody have any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks,
Joe

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've been running Blue Iris for several years, currently have 12 active cameras. A few days ago, the mobile app on both my Samsung Note 8 and Google Pixel became unusable. Connect, sign-in, and connect to the index page work fine. But, when clicking on an individual camera it takes on the order of 5 minutes to bring up the live view. This is the same on both mobile phones and the same whether operating locally on wifi or remotely via internet. After trying a few other things, I deleted Blue Iris completely from my server and did a clean install of Release 4.6.4.6 x64. My mobile app is Version 2.0.48 which shows it installed on Oct 30, 2017, which happens to be right about when I noticed it stopped working.

Anybody have any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks,
Joe
Welcome Joe,

I don't have an answer for you, just wanted to welcome you here as I see this is your first post.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about BI will chime in soon.

Joe Ginder

n3wb
Reaction score
I am having this same problem. I am running Android 8.1 beta on a Pixel 1 with six cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Best bet is to email support with something like this...

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
same problem. I have to manually force close the BI android app all the time just to get a feed. Just assumed the app was that bad and not that it was related to my specific device. (Pixel 2 XL and previous Pixel XL)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
same problem. I have to manually force close the BI android app all the time just to get a feed. Just assumed the app was that bad and not that it was related to my specific device. (Pixel 2 XL and previous Pixel XL)
This is not normal operation..I dont see it..you guys need to email support..the app is fantastic...

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just got an android phone, purchased the BI app, I entered the 10 digit key, and it populated the IP addresses, but it cannot connect with the server. The BI software settings on the PC list both iPhone MACs but not this new android MAC. Any ideas?

Update: It was just the IP address needing to be entered in the web server's advanced settings.

Last edited:

Joe1967

n3wb
Reaction score
As an update since it has been awhile: I had sent the info to tech support prior to my first post and posted here while waiting to hear from them. They are looking at the problem. If they get it resolved, I'll post the results here.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same issue today. For me doing forget server and adding it again fixed it for me.

Joe1967

n3wb
Reaction score
Tech Support identified that Bit Defender on my server was interfering with the streaming process. So, that resolved my issue. I don't know if it has anything to do with the other issues that others posted as being similar, but it might make sense to look at your virus software to see if it is causing problems.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Tech Support identified that Bit Defender on my server was interfering with the streaming process. So, that resolved my issue. I don't know if it has anything to do with the other issues that others posted as being similar, but it might make sense to look at your virus software to see if it is causing problems.
Glad you were able to get your issue resolved. I don't run AV on my blue iris server, but mine is working fine now so ehh. :idk: