Motion everywhere... :(

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It goes on... I successfully set up IVS and my workaround on notification works nicely. The thing is though, also IVS detects motion where there is none.
Around 5 to 10 times a day this happens and I have idea why.
Any advice?
What kind of IVS are you using? My limited experience taught me that tripwires really work as tripwires, if anything at all moves over the lines, it triggers. Intrusion boxes work better for me. It probably depends on your scene/field of vision.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this is my experience as well which is why i went with blue iris on a dedicated pc, like most on here
What I like about Surveillance Station is that I don’t have to dedicate a separate computer that runs Windows. If you want an out-of-the-box solution, Blue Iris may be the way to go - to the extent surveillance in general and Dahua is out-of-the-box at all. I’d say it’s not, really.

For my home surveillance case, Synology and the IVS events script work really does the trick. I get very few false positives now, they are caused only by deer and cats which in turn is because the Dahua “AI” function in the cam doesn’t work as advertised.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have to remember the only safe way to get IVS working with either Dahua or Hikvision is to get a NVR from the same supplier. And even then you’ll run into problems as seen in numerous threads, because the NVR still requires you to configure some things directly on the camera. Not always clear what those things are, though. I don’t think Blue Iris supports IVS events either.

I’d be really happy if you get Synology to add IVS support but I wouldn’t hold my breath, since it seems to be specific for Dahua and Hikvision. All in all, as long as you don’t have to get the expensive camera licenses, I think Surevillance Station offers great value for money.
Does IVS need to be within a certain range/radius to get to work? I know for a fact that the face detection/identification needs to be quite close.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does IVS need to be within a certain range/radius to get to work? I know for a fact that the face detection/identification needs to be quite close.
I don’t know, but I personally haven’t had problems with IVS (tripwire and intrusion box) not working. I don’t use face detection. My issue is that my IPC-T5241-AS-PV is supposed to be able to filter out humans only, but is none the less triggered by cats and deer causing false alarms.

Sammy0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What kind of IVS are you using? My limited experience taught me that tripwires really work as tripwires, if anything at all moves over the lines, it triggers. Intrusion boxes work better for me. It probably depends on your scene/field of vision.
Well I used the standard Dahua Tripwire and drew the box.
But still... sometimes I get notified and I dont see a thing happening on the screen.
Maybe I should try intrusion as well then.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I used the standard Dahua Tripwire and drew the box.
But still... sometimes I get notified and I dont see a thing happening on the screen.
Maybe I should try intrusion as well then.
Also have to retract my statement now. With my latest firmware update, I got lots of notifications during the past windy night when a tarp moved back and forth over the edge of the intrusion box. Why this triggers even though it’s supposed to trigger on “humans only” is beyond me, but then again Dahua functionality seems to bewilder a lot of people. Contemplating going back to a few tripwires now, but it’s always plenty of trial and error.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to remember the only safe way to get IVS working with either Dahua or Hikvision is to get a NVR from the same supplier. And even then you’ll run into problems as seen in numerous threads, because the NVR still requires you to configure some things directly on the camera. Not always clear what those things are, though. I don’t think Blue Iris supports IVS events either.

I’d be really happy if you get Synology to add IVS support but I wouldn’t hold my breath, since it seems to be specific for Dahua and Hikvision. All in all, as long as you don’t have to get the expensive camera licenses, I think Surevillance Station offers great value for money.
BI does support IVS events via pullpoint.

mark_whocares

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI does support IVS events via pullpoint.
@looney2ns good to point out. are the other dahua Pro/Ultra AI camera features supported by BI ? AFAIK this would still be an area where a dahua NVR might be a good choice for someone. Thoughts since I am pretty confident you have both a BI setup and Dahua Smart AI NVR.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don’t know, but I personally haven’t had problems with IVS (tripwire and intrusion box) not working. I don’t use face detection. My issue is that my IPC-T5241-AS-PV is supposed to be able to filter out humans only, but is none the less triggered by cats and deer causing false alarms.
I'm still setting up my IVS tripwire but I'm not so sure whether it is "working". I have enabled the push notification in my iDMSS pro ios app but it doesn't seem to be notifying/triggering...any tips?

P.S. Loving the profile picture. Reminds me of an barbarian king :D.

William007

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I can try but I am afraid that still the lights will trigger motion, since the beams reach pretty much everything. :(
Also IVS... I am running a Synology NAS, so that wont work, right?

Any other/more ideas?
IVS on Alhua or Dahua works(further than 50 feet or more), however if it close to the object it wil work because the firmware takes to much time to calculate what to follow or film.
Recording won't be a problem, but with for example tracking is a problem.

thansen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey @thansen, did you see the last post of this thread? Synology Community

There Synology mention "around early next year", but it's worrying that you had a newer reply where they seem even less clear on the timeframe.
I know it is an old thread, but there is some very good news from Synology, They have added support for IVS on Dahua cameras in Surveillance Station.
Looking forward to try it out ;-)

IVS.png

Sammy0815

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wow, thats awesome, I didnt see that!
I wonder what the difference between those two columns are. :rolleyes:

Last edited: