My solution for a noisy Dahua NVR

vogeldp

n3wb
Reaction score
This NVR fan mod was actually fairly easy since I had experience with computer case mods. Researching Noctura fans I found a 92mm thin profile (15mm) thick PWM (pulse width modulation 4 pin) which mounts to the case cover with ample clearance to the CPU heat sink to replace the small noise maker 40 mm fan. The air output of the 92mm is 4 times greater @ 2200 RPM / 20db vs the 40mm @ 7000 rpm/8.2 cfm/28 db. With that amount of air flow the motherboard's temp is kept low enough that the fan with the auto fan speed activated is now running at 1300 rpm with no sound what so ever. I was truly amazed the NVR is now totally silent. Also I did replace the stock power suppply 40mm fan with a Noctura 40mmx20mm 3 pin low noise 5.5 cfm . The stock fan is 8.2 cfm but with the large 92mm fan there is now more than adequate air flow throughout the case. My wife is happy, I'm very please too.
PS: The Noctura 40mm fan kit comes with a 3 to 2 wire conversion kit to adapt to the PSU's 2 wire fan.

Parts List:
Noctura NF-A9X14 PWN 4 pin
Noctura NF-A4X20 FLX 3 pin
92mm fan guard. 92mm fan guard

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Love that!

My Dahua NVR is quite noisy but it lives in the laundry cupboard. I will check temps in there over summer and mod it if required. Just a little hesitant to touch it as it would still be under warranty with trusty Andy on the forum.

The_E

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Noctua for the win! They are such great fans; so quiet and reliable... totally worth the small premium you pay.
Really nice mod - really nice!