Need your help

nabeel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, yes I am new and totally lost among all this networking hi-tech, I have been through tons of companies and the deeper I go the more I get lost, I am on the final stage of my new house construction, I would like to install two PTZ cameras one in the front and one at the back yard aimed at the swimming pool area.

Since my swimming pool has no fence I would like to have a PTZ camera that can watch the backyard as well the pool 24/7 in case one of the kids went there un-watched.

I am looking for 4k PTZ camera that can allow me to outline the pool area so if any walking thing passed to the pool I get an alarm.
price is no object, my main concern is the size and highest quality available day and night.

Out of my search, I was thinking maybe one of these:

DS-2DF8836IX-AEL(W)
DS-2DF8A836IX-AEL
IPC6258SR-X33P
Hi3519A WDR
SD8A820WA-HNF
SD5A425XA-HNR
LNZ44P12B
AXIS Q6128-E

In the meantime, thank you so much for your attention and participation.

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:
---------------------------
If you need coverage in low light or night I would recommend a dahua starlight or a Hikvision darkfighter.

The problem with a PTZ camera is that it is pointed in the wrong direction when you need it the most. I recommend multiple cameras to cover the area 100% for the time.

The really high end cameras are out of the price range and Knowledge of most of the users of the forum.

The general providers of reasonable good cameras are Dahua and Hikvision. Most (not all) other camera manufacturers are really a rebranded dahua/hikvision with downgraded software and hardware,
--------------------------
IPC-T5442TM-AS Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

-------------------------
if you are interested in Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews. His cameras are all 100% international, some are the IPC brand but are actually 100% original manufacture dahua or hikvision
you can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store.

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nabeel

n3wb
Reaction score
:welcome:
---------------------------
If you need coverage in low light or night I would recommend a dahua starlight or a Hikvision darkfighter.

The problem with a PTZ camera is that it is pointed in the wrong direction when you need it the most. I recommend multiple cameras to cover the area 100% for the time.

The really high end cameras are out of the price range and Knowledge of most of the users of the forum.

The general providers of reasonable good cameras are Dahua and Hikvision. Most (not all) other camera manufacturers are really a rebranded dahua/hikvision with downgraded software and hardware,
--------------------------
IPC-T5442TM-AS Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera.

if you are interested in Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews. His cameras are all 100% international, some are the IPC brand but are actually 100% original manufacture dahua or hikvision
you can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store.

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thak you for your input,,, i was on the go since I posted, since my front and back yard is limited in distance (20M) so I don't really need a log distance range IR and zoom, so I think i will go with:

Back yard and pool area:
1x SD5A425XA-HNR
1x PFA151
1x HAP100

Front Yard:
1x IPC-HDBW7842H-Z
1x PFB210W
1x HAP100

Extra:
1x NVR5208-8P-4KS2
1x WD 8TB HDD
1x ARA11
1x ARA16

I am pretty convinced of my decision for the back yard, but For the front yard I picked a smaller size dome to not look so obvious and scare family and friends, either that or a mini PTZ. What you guys think?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Looks good.

AS I stated before I like multiple fixed camera instead of a PTZ.

You can get smaller Multiple ipc-t5442tm-as for the front, A number of forum members have painted the cameras to match the house so They do not standout as much. I like the ipc-t5442tm-as as it is a 4 MP starlight, It has the same size sensor as the IPC-HDB7842H-Z. The ipc-t5442tm-as has better light sensitivity, so better at night. Turret cameras are recommended, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)

Please remember "More megapixel is not necessarily better"

nabeel

n3wb
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, up to the reviews ipc-t5442tm-as is still having problems with smartIR here.
IPC-HDBW7842H-Z
and IPC-HFW7842HP-Z are identical in lens and technology as they suppose to be the high end top of Dahua's line, so comparing these to ipc-t5442tm-as, the image in real time experience IPC-HFW7842HP-Z has a great image quality day and night.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I agree with @SouthernYankee more fixed cameras are almost always better than a PTZ. Very high probability that it will be looking in the wrong direction when something happens.
On a real computer, Be sure you have studied this: Cliff Notes
Use this: IPVM Camera Calculator V3 to determine camera placement.
Stick with turret cameras when possible. Domes collect dirt and can have reflection issue's.
Purchase an AI capable NVR since you are buying AI enabled cams.
Do you have any street lights near your house?
When using all 4k cameras, if you want to keep video storage for any length of time, you may want to consider an NVR that holds 4 HDD's.
4k takes a lot of recording space.
Click on the wiki at the top of the page and use the storage space calculator.
Other than that, your choices look good.

nabeel

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you all for the tips, so no more thinking of a dome style, and I understand the stability of the security purpose of fixed camera over a PTZ one, but for my application I assume the PTZ would serve me better and very well, Since my main concern is to watch over the pool area for three purposes:

1. auto watch the kids if they got close to the pool area unattended ... I shall get an alarm.
2. I would like to control the camera pan , zoom , tilt to be able to catch and record a great family footage and memories.
3. general security purpose nothing critical in my city or neighborhood so this is my least concern.

So taking all of your advice and mix it with my need ,,, I came up with a result that I need a camera with these specs:

- must be PTZ
- must be small to medium size max 35cm in height
- must be DarkFighter X or starlight + (see why)
- must be 4mb no more no less
- must run between 30fps to 60fps

I couldn't find a good comparison between (DarkFighter X) and (starlight +), So I am between these two:
DS-2DF6A425X-AEL
SD5A425XA-HNR

Your support to find this cam is very much appreciated, price is no object.

Last edited:

nabeel

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm, I just came across Tiandy, Why the (super starlight) have never been mentioned here before, a sales person who sells many brands including Hikvision and Dahua recommended (super starlight) over both (DarkFighter X) and (starlight +).

Check it out Here

Last edited: