New 3MP Wifi Video Doorbell!

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey Folks got these new doorbells in. Its a little different than the original doorbell we carried. There are some added advantages for sure, but as of right now Onvif Implementation still needs some work as we can only get a main stream from the doorbell (no substream).

However, If you are using it as a standalone doorbell, without adding it to an NVR, its a great unit

NSC-DB2 3MP Wifi Video Doorbell Camera W/ 2 Way Audio | PIR Motion Sensor | Night Vision | 32GB SD Card Included | Includes 3 Face Plates

daveyiv

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the wifi in the new one any better? I had some terrible signal strength with the DB1 and ended up having to install an access point within about 15 feet (the next closest was probably 25 feet away with 1 exterior wall to go through) of the unit to get a reliable signal. I guess the main stream of the onvif is working ok or do you still have more work to do on that?

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is the wifi in the new one any better? I had some terrible signal strength with the DB1 and ended up having to install an access point within about 15 feet (the next closest was probably 25 feet away with 1 exterior wall to go through) of the unit to get a reliable signal. I guess the main stream of the onvif is working ok or do you still have more work to do on that?
This has dual band wifi unlike the first one which only had 2.4. Hik said they did put a strong AP in these as well.

Yes the main stream works but the sub stream does not. This means it wont show up in multiview on your Hik or Dahua NVR, it will only show up in single view. This is why we dont advertise it fully as Onvif.

Alan Carter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Folks got these new doorbells in. Its a little different than the original doorbell we carried. There are some added advantages for sure, but as of right now Onvif Implementation still needs some work as we can only get a main stream from the doorbell (no substream).

However, If you are using it as a standalone doorbell, without adding it to an NVR, its a great unit

NSC-DB2 3MP Wifi Video Doorbell Camera W/ 2 Way Audio | PIR Motion Sensor | Night Vision | 32GB SD Card Included | Includes 3 Face Plates
What are the reviews like on these?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Which wifi standards do these support? 802.11ac (a.k.a. wifi 5) or only 802.11n (a.k.a. wifi 4)?

sfitz527

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any word on a firmware update yet for OnVif compliance/NVR integration?

Nyghthawk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even with an AP within 6 feet of the DB1 would still get 1-2 + drops a day, signal strength would even show 80+% signal quality. Hopefully this is improved.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Which wifi standards do these support? 802.11ac (a.k.a. wifi 5) or only 802.11n (a.k.a. wifi 4)?
I believe it only supports 802.11n.

Any word on a firmware update yet for OnVif compliance/NVR integration?
Not yet, as Sean mentioned above you can add it to an NVR using ONVIF but substream doesn't work so only mainstream will come through. Naturally this will throw people off who are expecting all their cameras to come up with a feed in multi-view on the app or on their attached monitor and web interface. Unfortunately no updates yet on the firmware with substream but I will check again. For now, we recommend using it standalone only.

Even with an AP within 6 feet of the DB1 would still get 1-2 + drops a day, signal strength would even show 80+% signal quality. Hopefully this is improved.
From what I've seen so far it has improved.

Kamakzie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
A few questions. This should work with Blue Iris? The picture should be way better than 720p? Is there a way to see the doorbell with PC software? Do you sell an angled wedge or does it come with one?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
What is the RTSP URL for this camera?
rtsp://IPADDRESS/Streaming/channels/101

A few questions. This should work with Blue Iris? The picture should be way better than 720p? Is there a way to see the doorbell with PC software? Do you sell an angled wedge or does it come with one?
Yes, however, I can't say for sure if it will work well because we haven't tested it on BlueIris. The video is 3MP which is about double the resolution of 720p so I wouldn't say "way better" but it's definitely better than 720p. Yes, you can use the iVMS-4200 software or a third party software such as BlueIris to view it. It comes with an angled wedge.

Does this mean the original DB1 has been abandoned?
Was hoping for a less dumbed-down firmware update.
Unfortunately yes, they discontinued it about a year and a half of it being release. Fwiw, the DB2 doesn't even have a web interface.

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is the Promo Video. And we have tested these on a few different NVR's and confirmed Onvif Compliance works:

jbaugh

n3wb
Reaction score
The voltage at my doorbell is only 15volts. I suspect I have an old doorbell transformer. I think it is hidden in the recesses of a largely inaccessible attic, so I can't easily change it out. Is there a way to make this work with my existing doorbell set up?

Sean Nelson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The voltage at my doorbell is only 15volts. I suspect I have an old doorbell transformer. I think it is hidden in the recesses of a largely inaccessible attic, so I can't easily change it out. Is there a way to make this work with my existing doorbell set up?
This doorbell has a much more forgiving voltage range. 8-24 So you are good to go!