New BI Server - How should I move clips?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I used to have a small M73 Tiny with an i5-3470T which recorded across the network to my NAS. I just built myself a nice 1u Supermicro server with 4 x 4TB drives and an i5-9400. Performance is 10000x better!

But, can I just move the clips to the new internal storage and rescan database to make it see them? I have already changed the storage path so new clips go to the new local storage

Reaction score
You could but it will take some time depending how much storage you are talking. When I changed my BI PC I copied everything over USB3.0 because I had been using an external hard drive enclosure and I think it took approx 2 days?

Alternatively, if they are fine where they are, given the minimal value of old security camera video footage, if you aren't aware of any reason to keep it (like neighbors car broken into or w/e) then I'd leave it where it is for about 30 days and then delete it outright.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
It should copy pretty quick, both have 10G networking and I don't have that many clips

Ill give it a shot right now, I wasn't sure if it would know the clips

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
You might have to do the repair/rescan a few times. I did when I moved things around.