New Blue Iris PC - Video now has tearing!

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I just build a new Blue Iris PC to replace my M73 with an i5 3470T, and now I have an i5 9400, and I am recording to some local 4TB drives formatted in ReFS. On my old rig I was recording to my NAS

I am having some pretty bad tearing when there is a large change on the image, like pulling into the driveway. I record both motion and 24/7, and it happened on both clips in the same place

* I have the latest version of Blue Iris - 5.0.6.9
* Windows Server 2019 Standard
* Intel UDH 630 Driver - 26.20.100.7463 (Driver Date: 11/6/2019)

First I am thinking of possibly downgrading the GPU driver and seeing if that makes a change, next ill try record to an NTFS volume and see if it does the same, and if still nothing revert to NAS storage and see if it does it

Has anyone come across this before?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just build a new Blue Iris PC to replace my M73 with an i5 3470T, and now I have an i5 9400, and I am recording to some local 4TB drives formatted in ReFS. On my old rig I was recording to my NAS

I am having some pretty bad tearing when there is a large change on the image, like pulling into the driveway. I record both motion and 24/7, and it happened on both clips in the same place

* I have the latest version of Blue Iris - 5.0.6.9
* Windows Server 2019 Standard
* Intel UDH 630 Driver - 26.20.100.7463 (Driver Date: 11/6/2019)

First I am thinking of possibly downgrading the GPU driver and seeing if that makes a change, next ill try record to an NTFS volume and see if it does the same, and if still nothing revert to NAS storage and see if it does it

Has anyone come across this before?
Are you running headless?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Interesting, this would be a dealbreaker if its the case. Is this a common issue?

This is in a server rack and not really in a convenient location. Also a monitor would bump up power usage quite a bit too

Damn! I hope this isn't it

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting, this would be a dealbreaker if its the case. Is this a common issue?

This is in a server rack and not really in a convenient location. Also a monitor would bump up power usage quite a bit too

Damn! I hope this isn't it
There are hdmi emulators for 6 bux that use no power.
Also this is not necessarily the issue. You must read though the other threads discussing more common solution.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a specific search term or thread discussing this? I can't seem to find anything. I can only find people who can't get acceleration to work, and I am not having that issue

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The first thing you should do is test with a monitor. If that solves your problem, its a 6 dollar solution.