New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm in need of a upgrade for my current NVR. I currently have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P. While I'm pleased with my NVR I am plagued with false alarms. After adjusting most if not all the settings and all my camera settings I still get constant false alarms including shadows, passing vehicle headlights and blowing trees. I also have reached my limit of 8 cameras and I am interested in upgrading to a 16 camera NVR.

I've done some research and instead of a standard plug and play NVR my intrest as been peaked by the Hikvision Acusense or DeepInView NVR. I'm attempting to see if anyone is currently running any of these NVRs or if they have had any experiences with them.

I am currently running 1 DeepInView LPR (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHS8) along with DS-2CD2625FHWD-IZS, DS-2CD2H25FWD-IZS, DS-2DE4A225IW-DE, DS-2CD2347G1-L, and several DS-2CD2025FHWD-I. I currently do not have any Accusense cameras.

According to the config guide for the Acusense NVR DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S allows up to 4? non acusense cameras can utilize the Acusense NVR which will filter out false alarms. Screenshot_20191202-170719_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

I'm trying to determine if that is actually true with support for only 4 non acusense cameras utilizing the NVR to filter out false alarms.

Any help or advise is greatly appreciated for a new Hikvision 16 ch NVR.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm in need of a upgrade for my current NVR. I currently have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P. While I'm pleased with my NVR I am plagued with false alarms. After adjusting most if not all the settings and all my camera settings I still get constant false alarms including shadows, passing vehicle headlights and blowing trees. I also have reached my limit of 8 cameras and I am interested in upgrading to a 16 camera NVR.

I've done some research and instead of a standard plug and play NVR my intrest as been peaked by the Hikvision Acusense or DeepInView NVR. I'm attempting to see if anyone is currently running any of these NVRs or if they have had any experiences with them.

I am currently running 1 DeepInView LPR (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZHS8) along with DS-2CD2625FHWD-IZS, DS-2CD2H25FWD-IZS, DS-2DE4A225IW-DE, DS-2CD2347G1-L, and several DS-2CD2025FHWD-I. I currently do not have any Accusense cameras.

According to the config guide for the Acusense NVR DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S allows up to 4? non acusense cameras can utilize the Acusense NVR which will filter out false alarms. View attachment 51618

I'm trying to determine if that is actually true with support for only 4 non acusense cameras utilizing the NVR to filter out false alarms.

I to have been looking into these NVR/camera series and came this page New Hikvision Acusense NVR or DeepInView NVR? and under the config pdf states that up to four non-accusense cameras can be configured (page 6).

Be interesyted in how these work out for you as like most of us, these nusiance alarms are a pain.

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm attempting to see if anyone is currently running any of these NVRs or if they have had any experiences with them.

According to the config guide for the Acusense NVR DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/4S allows up to 4? non acusense cameras can utilize the Acusense NVR which will filter out false alarms.

Yes it is true that supports 4 non acusence cameras, but you can't use smart event, that camera comes with. You desable it all and NVR does the job.
I am testing it with 1 DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1 using NVRs smart event and 1 DS-2CD2020F-I, using cameras smart event.

Other acusense and non acusense cameras "are in the way" to me for testing, soon I hope.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Yes it is true that supports 4 non acusence cameras, but you can't use smart event, that camera comes with. You desable it all and NVR does the job.
I am testing it with 1 DS-2CD2021G1-IDW1 using NVRs smart event and 1 DS-2CD2020F-I, using cameras smart event.

Other acusense and non acusense cameras "are in the way" to me for testing, soon I hope.
How do you like the NVR? Do you feel as though you get less false alarms when the NVR is processing the smart events?

Ekim

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have this AcuSense NVR. and indeed there are many fewer false alarms. It happens a few times or I have an alarm for a cat, I just set a minimum size to correct the problem.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I have this AcuSense NVR. and indeed there are many fewer false alarms. It happens a few times or I have an alarm for a cat, I just set a minimum size to correct the problem.
Are you satisfied with your purchase or do you expect more from the NVR? I am plagued with false alarms from shadows, moving trees, clouds passing over head, and vehicle headlights and I am hoping this NVR will solve those issues.

Ekim

n3wb
Reaction score
Je suis généralement satisfait de ce nvr. Je blâme juste la définition des captures d'écran, faible. en effet j'ai eu de fausses alarmes avec des phares de voiture projetant l'ombre de 5 troncs d'arbres dans le champ de la caméra.

Ekim

n3wb
Reaction score
I am generally satisfied with this nvr. I just blame the definition of screenshots, weak. indeed I had some false alarms with car headlights projecting the shadow of 5 tree trunks into the field of the camera.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on your displeasure with the screenshots? I'm sorry but I do not understand.

Ekim

n3wb
Reaction score
sorry I speak very badly in English. I mean that snapshots of alarms that are sent by email do not have a lot of pixel (720x576). for cameras are 4mp and 8mp.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
sorry I speak very badly in English. I mean that snapshots of alarms that are sent by email do not have a lot of pixel (720x576). for cameras are 4mp and 8mp.
Thank you for the clarification!

shannondalebreaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you satisfied with your purchase or do you expect more from the NVR? I am plagued with false alarms from shadows, moving trees, clouds passing over head, and vehicle headlights and I am hoping this NVR will solve those issues.

I have this same exact issues now with Mobotix cameras. Say their activity sensor has minimized false alarms I haven't seen it this far.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am curious as to if anyone has tried these NVRs with other than Hikivision cameras; i.e., Dahua Lorex, Swann. etc.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am curious as to if anyone has tried these NVRs with other than Hikivision cameras; i.e., Dahua Lorex, Swann. etc.
Based upon the lack of responses I assume not many people have a Acusense or DeepInView NVR. I might just pull the trigger and get the Acusense one as a upgrade.

ralphmouth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yep coney27, w
We are probably in same boat. I got 6 4K cameras at ~200 USD each and I am really tired of all those false alarms. Not sure if I can afford another 700 USD just because I am pissed off about all those alarm but basically for a security system, it is pretty useless. All six are Onvif approved but seeing is believing. Another question is that I am not sure if the 8 channel NVR could handle an additional 4 more 4k acusense cameras. May have a bandwidth issue according to other sites???

dimo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
How do you like the NVR? Do you feel as though you get less false alarms when the NVR is processing the smart events?
Acusence "filtered" intrusion from air moving tent, moving shadows, lights, night butterflies and moving branches. Also managed to filter most (95%) of the cats (believe me a lot of cats). Did not filtered some times auto turning off infrared in the morning and enough times my dog at night.
For example, five cats moving, together with cloud passing gave me yesterday an alarm but only one. At the same conditions intrusion detection controlled by camera it would give continuously alarms.
Also filters spider web but not the spider in front of lens.

Having NVR in continuous recording, on background "flags" everything it moves inside and outside the intrusion area, but analyses what will "go out" as an alarm and notification.
It will give you "a hard time" to find right settings for your area and environment but when you finally find them, you will be happy.
My coverage area is very "difficult", with a lot of light reflections from balcony floor, and having a lot of shadows during sun set, cause camera is "looking" west.

Also.......
DATA SHEET 7716 (Medium).JPG

Manual came with NVR is almost useless. Has a lot of mistakes and I think that they used a modificated previous no acusense manual.
I am still have found no answer to this.......

At the Quick Start Guide came inside NVRs CD, shows the alarm I/O terminals like this:
ure.JPG

but in reality NVR terminal are like that:
DS-7700NXI-I4.jpg

No G G terminals, but only D+/D-/D+/D-/1/2/3........15/16.

Where to connect the ground/common wire for alarm input?????
Should I connect it to ground bolt next to the green terminals?

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This video was just released on the European Hikvision YouTube channel

I really wish Hikvision would have one general website with all of their content on it rather than having 10 different websites with varying content but I also came across this page with more info for Acusense. Hikvision Europe AcuSense Camera

Last edited:

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Physically what's the difference on the boxes? What are they running these deep learning algos on chip-wise?