New Mini PTZ now with 4x zoom SD1A404XB-GNR

aurora912

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the review bigredfish.

I replaced a SD22204UE-GN 2mp Starlight PTZ (No IR) with one of these and not too sure how I feel about it.

Day time image, the 4mp sensor is noticeably crisper, but night time is very poor and probably doesn't help I have it mounted under white eves, and close to a white wall so I'm sure I'm getting some IR bouncing back at the dome. The 2mp could maintain colour with a street light about 30m away.

The SD22204UE also has noticeably more zoom, despite specs suggesting they should be similar, and can tilt up closer to the horizon.

Just my 2c. Think I'll be switching it back to 2mp PTZ

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep, as I noted in the first post it needs a lot of external IR or white light at night. Due to the placement of the 3 IR LEDs around the ring, I would turn off the onboard IR and mount and external source.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had to make my own modifications to an Amazon purchased mount. Mine will be installed on a wall, though. Next to the sliding door(eye level).
I have the same mounting as you; vertically on the siding. If you have something that works, I'd be interested in seeing how it's done.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.