New phone - How to re-use the app?

yogi_en

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have purchased blue iris and is working well in my old Android phone. Recently I bought a new phone. I tried to install the Blue iris app and use it in the new phone. It is not working. It says unable to connect. How can I make it work in the new phone?. Do I need to buy again for the new phone?.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have purchased blue iris and is working well in my old Android phone. Recently I bought a new phone. I tried to install the Blue iris app and use it in the new phone. It is not working. It says unable to connect. How can I make it work in the new phone?. Do I need to buy again for the new phone?.
no you dont need to buy it again. You need to set it up properly the way it was on the old phone.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have installed the BI app on my new android phone, after my old android phone died. Just logged into the google app store, with the same google account and downloaded it. Configured it the same way. No problem

yogi_en

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks!. I might be doing some thing wrong then. Will check.

yogi_en

n3wb
Reaction score
The new Android phone is based on Android 10 ( previous one is based on Android 9 ). I assume the Blue Iris app works in Android 10. Can any one confirm?

yogi_en

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. Some how I couldn't make the blue iris works on my new phone ( Google Pixel -4). It works fine in my old phone which Samsung Note 8. I used the exact same settings which I have in Note 8. In Pixel-4, the app always exits with the following error.

'Unable to connect. Please try again.
Reason: Unable to reach server'

I did uninstall and install in both phones, multiple times. It Note 8 , it always works with the same settings. It doesn't seems to be configuration issue. I have enabled stunnel in blue iris, and using https instead of http ( I had openvpn earlier ). ( With stunnel it works fine Note 8. ). I have contacted Blue iris support . If any one has any idea, please let me know.

I will try disabling stunnel and will check again later.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the app connect to the BI server via wifi at home ? If so then the problem is with stunnel, not BI. If it can not connect via home wifi look at the BI connect log on the bi server

yogi_en

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. The problem is with stunnel. When I disabled stunnel, it works fine in my new phone, locally and remotely. Some how stunnel setup is not working in Google Pixel-4. How do I enable the BI server logs?. I see that BlueIris/log directory is empty.