New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have a family member that used this mount, several here have too. I would read the messages here though first, this is not a direct fit and some have modified it to work. Some just use the top screw and use double sided tape for the bottom.

Angled Mount

It does come with a wire protector

View attachment 50312
Got it. Thanks. Will look into it.
In the meantime, I've gone ahead and attempted to modify the Video Display settings to the ones you have listed and received an error message "SaveVideo ParametersFailed.Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[23].(Not supported.)

Also, do you happen to know if there are motion detection settings for this?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got it. Thanks. Will look into it.
In the meantime, I've gone ahead and attempted to modify the Video Display settings to the ones you have listed and received an error message "SaveVideo ParametersFailed.Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[23].(Not supported.)

Also, do you happen to know if there are motion detection settings for this?
Hmm have not heard of anyone with that error. Did you upgrade your firmware? You got the RCA right? Most here are using either Nelly's firmware or LaViews.

I see the section for motion detection in Events but most of mind is grayed out.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm have not heard of anyone with that error. Did you upgrade your firmware? You got the RCA right? Most here are using either Nelly's firmware or LaViews.

I see the section for motion detection in Events but most of mind is grayed out.
Yep, grayed out for me as well.
I followed the steps and installed the EZVIZ firmware, afterwards, I installed the LaView firmware. Any idea how to tell if the LaView one took effect? because I see that the camera name is still EzViz or whatever it is.

Plus, noticed that the OSD date/timestamp, I am not able to move it. I move it, but it still stays in one spot on the vid.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I followed the steps and installed the EZVIZ firmware, afterwards, I installed the LaView firmware. Any idea how to tell if the LaView one took effect? because I see that the camera name is still EzViz or whatever it is.

Plus, noticed that the OSD date/timestamp, I am not able to move it. I move it, but it still stays in one spot on the vid.
I have LaView firmware too, but I use LaView's ONE App. In settings in your App you show see your firmware version. Mine is 190716 under Device Version.

Not sure about the timestamp. I think you can only remove or display, not sure about move.

Another program to try is IVMS-4200 I prefer the older version 2.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have LaView firmware too, but I use LaView's ONE App. In settings in your App you show see your firmware version. Mine is 190716 under Device Version.

Not sure about the timestamp. I think you can only remove or display, not sure about move.

Another program to try is IVMS-4200 I prefer the older version 2.
Thanks for all the help and prompt replies! definitely appreciate it!
Yes, according to Batch Config Tool, i am on the same version.
With regards to moving the position of the time, I guess it's just not possible from other comments a few pages back.

Do you know if anyone has tried changing the lens on this doorbell from a fisheye to a regular one, say from another hik cam or something?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Oh, fyi, I have not changed a whole lot in the settings. One thing you may play with is the WDR in CCD section. If you turn it off then go to video parameters and adjust brightness/contrast, etc. you may get a better picture...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help and prompt replies! definitely appreciate it!
Yes, according to Batch Config Tool, i am on the same version.
With regards to moving the position of the time, I guess it's just not possible from other comments a few pages back.

Do you know if anyone has tried changing the lens on this doorbell from a fisheye to a regular one, say from another hik cam or something?
So far not able to change lens...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have to go to work, will check back later this evening if you need any other help...

vadlan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, apologies if this may have been answered already but i wasn;t able to find details.

I have 2 Nelly's latest doorbell units (NDN313-W), one I was able to install/register w/o issues using the EZVIZ app. However the second one in another house is not able to go through the complete registration. The unit gets on the wifi, configures itself, but is not able to complete the process. It stays "Inactive" and doesn't get registered into the cloud account. After the process ends, the unit is on 10.0.0.69 (i'm using the Netgear wifi extender but the same issue occurs on regular wifi), and I'm not able to use SADP tool nor Guarding Vision app nor Hik's software to activate the unit - getting “timeout” error.

Any hints are greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys, apologies if this may have been answered already but i wasn;t able to find details.

I have 2 Nelly's latest doorbell units (NDN313-W), one I was able to install/register w/o issues using the EZVIZ app. However the second one in another house is not able to go through the complete registration. The unit gets on the wifi, configures itself, but is not able to complete the process. It stays "Inactive" and doesn't get registered into the cloud account. After the process ends, the unit is on 10.0.0.69 (i'm using the Netgear wifi extender but the same issue occurs on regular wifi), and I'm not able to use SADP tool nor Gurading Vision app nor Hik's software to activate the unit - getting “timeout” error.

Thanks!
So this happened to me upon my first install, when trying to connect to our WiFi, it would not connect 5GHz, kept timing out. I had to turn off our 5GHz radios on our router and have it connect via 2.4GHz, then turn my 5GHz radios back on. For us it is because I have the SSID for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.

vadlan

n3wb
Reaction score
So this happened to me upon my first install, when trying to connect to our WiFi, it would not connect 5GHz, kept timing out. I had to turn off our 5GHz radios on our router and have it connect via 2.4GHz, then turn my 5GHz radios back on. For us it is because I have the SSID for both 5GHz and 2.4GHz.
Thanks David L. In my case this is not an issue as the wifi connection does get established.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks David L. In my case this is not an issue as the wifi connection does get established.
Where are you getting the 10.0.0.69 address from? Can you ping the camera? Do you see the MAC address of the camera on your router?

Olddawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the Nelly and found the HikConnect app worked the best for install.

IPCamo

n3wb
Reaction score
After reading posts about temperature concerns, I decided to incorporate a few measures into the custom base I needed for my installation. I designed and printed a case that positions the camera correctly for my location, added some ventilation louvers and applied self-adhesive heat sinks to the two hotspots on the back of the camera. Not sure if it will make any difference in longevity for the electronics, but I feel better :)IMG_20191110_112347_MP.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After reading posts about temperature concerns, I decided to incorporate a few measures into the custom base I needed for my installation. I designed and printed a case that positions the camera correctly for my location, added some ventilation louvers and applied self-adhesive heat sinks to the two hotspots on the back of the camera. Not sure if it will make any difference in longevity for the electronics, but I feel better :)View attachment 50506
Nice job. So keep us up to date on your temp readings. Hope you got your password saved somewhere :)

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

I have 2 Nelly's latest doorbell units (NDN313-W), one I was able to install/register w/o issues using the EZVIZ app. However the second one in another house is not able to go through the complete registration. The unit gets on the wifi, configures itself, but is not able to complete the process. It stays "Inactive" and doesn't get registered into the cloud account. After the process ends, the unit is on 10.0.0.69 (i'm using the Netgear wifi extender but the same issue occurs on regular wifi), and I'm not able to use SADP tool nor Guarding Vision app nor Hik's software to activate the unit - getting “timeout” error.

Thanks!
Hi Vadian, Have you solved the problem of registering the doorbell yet? If not here is a suggestion.
At the time of registering my EZVIz I enabled UPnP on my router. And that did the trick. It appears that it needs quite a few ports to open to the internet. After enabling UPnP you can check in your router what ports it did open during registering and giving notifications and all that. Take a note of these and make them permanent. After that you can disable UPnP again. It opens quite a few ports, which you can disable one by one during a trial and error period I guess. Hope this helps, Good luck.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Vadian, Have you solved the problem of registering the doorbell yet? If not here is a suggestion.
At the time of registering my EZVIz I enabled UPnP on my router. And that did the trick. It appears that it needs quite a few ports to open to the internet. After enabling UPnP you can check in your router what ports it did open during registering and giving notifications and all that. Take a note of these and make them permanent. After that you can disable UPnP again. It opens quite a few ports, which you can disable one by one during a trial and error period I guess. Hope this helps, Good luck.
Good advise. The 10.0.0.69 address he mentioned is a puzzle to me, if that is a valid IP from his internal network IP range on his DHCP server then ok, but if not then I don't think his Doorbell got/saved an IP address from his router.

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess the 10 range ipnr is a virtual lan address, so a separated part of his lan. And yes it might be a completely offline part of the lan.

vadlan

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess the 10 range ipnr is a virtual lan address, so a separated part of his lan. And yes it might be a completely offline part of the lan.
Thanks guys. I’ll try the UPNP suggestion.

I have the comcast router/firewall box (wifi is off) with 10.0.0.x network / DHCP so all the devices on the LAN are 10.0.0.x. Then I have the Apple airport thats functioning as wifi. Finally i have the netgear wifi extender to partition the doorbell to have its own network id/secret.

The same exact setup works in another house, so perhaps something’s off with this comcast box

Will follow the UPNP advice and report back.